Hello can i add a graphics card to acer aspire 3 A315-42-R5MF?

Shaunbiju
Shaunbiju Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
Hello can i add a graphics card to acer aspire 3 A315-42-R5MF? If i can how can i do it and will it boost my gaming performance respond quickly plz and is it safe?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    edited June 2021
    Sorry, no. Only an external card might be possible by using its wifi socket. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shaunbiju
    JackE said:
    Sorry, no. Only an external card might be possible by using its wifi socket. Jack E/NJ
    Ok then can i do the external card? I have a ryzen 5 
  • JackE
    An external card must use your wifi socket.. So you will lose wireless connectivity.

Jack E/NJ

• Shaunbiju
    JackE said:
    An external card must use your wifi socket.. So you will lose wireless connectivity.
    Thats fine i could buy a usb thing for wifi
  • JackE
    Google search the keywords 'eGPU' 'diy' for various ways to adapt an external graphics adapter found in desktops to work with a laptop. Kits are available from various sources like at this link.  You need a free PCIe socket that has the bandwidth (at least two lanes) to make it worthwhile which is usually the wifi card socket. It is a very clumsy arrangement especially if you also intend to use a USB wifi adapter with attached antenna required. It would defeat the mobility purpose of  a laptop. Furthermore, there are no guarantees the eGPU will perform much better than the integrated GPU that's already in there now. If it was mine, I wouldn't do it.

Jack E/NJ