Bios Acer Nitro 50 600 , can't prioritize my ssd NvMe port as first boot

SeboLop
SeboLop Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi Guy's i have a Nitro 50-600 desktop computer and i had to  reinstall windows on my ssd because of a bad update that completly corrupted windows 10 =( . I have 3 Drives in my computer ( two  Hdd's and one Ssd Nvme) the problem is that the bios reconizes one drive one port. but the others ports are reconizes on the peripheral side of the bios. now how come the Bios boot order only shows the one port drive only and not the others  ?  for now i can manually boot throw the F12 on the start up ( but sometime the ssd name disappears from the list and shows the 2nd port drive hdd).

A bit of back story: i have reinstalled windows on the ssd (because a windows updates corrupted my windows 10 so bad that i couldn't do anything). At first it worked perfectly untill i had to clean the computer inside. the Bios reset to it's UEFI mode and i had to reconfig the bios ( i disabled the secure boot , switched the UEFI to Legacy ...)so that the computer can recognize outside storage ( like i did  before i installed windows on the ssd ). 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,693 Trailblazer
    edited June 2021
    SeboLop said:
    Hi Guy's i have a Nitro 50-600 desktop computer and i had to  reinstall windows on my ssd because of a bad update that completly corrupted windows 10 =( . I have 3 Drives in my computer ( two  Hdd's and one Ssd Nvme) the problem is that the bios reconizes one drive one port. but the others ports are reconizes on the peripheral side of the bios. now how come the Bios boot order only shows the one port drive only and not the others  ?  for now i can manually boot throw the F12 on the start up ( but sometime the ssd name disappears from the list and shows the 2nd port drive hdd).

A bit of back story: i have reinstalled windows on the ssd (because a windows updates corrupted my windows 10 so bad that i couldn't do anything). At first it worked perfectly untill i had to clean the computer inside. the Bios reset to it's UEFI mode and i had to reconfig the bios ( i disabled the secure boot , switched the UEFI to Legacy ...)so that the computer can recognize outside storage ( like i did  before i installed windows on the ssd ). 

You don’t need to … “i disabled the secure boot, switched the UEFI to Legacy...)so that the computer can recognize outside storage ( like i did  before i installed windows on the ssd ).” as having your boot drive in GUID Partition Table (GPT) and the BIOS set to AHCI should work perfectly with MBR formatted slave drives and external drives. I’ve got the boot drive in GUID Partition Table (GPT) and the slave(s) and connect external drives that are all in Master Boot Record (MBR) and all works perfectly and never ever had any problems.

Now, what Win-10 update do you blame as “bad update that completly corrupted windows 10 =” as and if that happened, which I don’t think that it did as Win-10 updates don’t do that, then tell us which update it was, give us a reference number?  Also, what BIOS version are you running on your desktop?

Your problems that you think relates to running your boot drive in “GUID Partition Table (GPT)” format and the slaves in “Master Boot Record (MBR)” is not the case as you must have deeper problems in maybe the BIOS, boot and slave drives conditions as some of them spinner HDD's might be on their way out and damaged, check all that first as what you have described has nothing to do with your problem(s). 

My advice to you is this, always make sure that you have the latest Win-10 OS up to date, make sure that your dexktops drivers graphics, chipset etc drivers are up to date and all hardware is running 100% and if you are running an SSD boot drive make sure you have the TRIM command enabled in windows. Make sure that all your spinner HDD’s are in good order and running 100%, as all these factors will keep your desktop functioning perfectly. I’ve never ever had a problem with SSD’s and/or spinner HDD's running as slave drive operational order. If your spinner HDD's are old, check if they are operating 100%? As they could be on their way out e.g. bearing, heads, platter problems etc,. Below is a UEFI type BIOS with its boot drive C:/ formatted in GUID Partition Table (GPT) and its 2x slave drives formatted in MBR or Master Boot Record, note; the slave drives do not show in BIOS as is shown in these captions of the "Boot" and "Main" settings and this is a laptop (not a desktop) that has 2x spinner slave drives attached one in its provision for an extra 1x 2.5" drive and 1x in its DVD slot used for a HDD slave and this laptop has an SSD boot drive.