As my Aspire 3 A315-22-93WY is going too slow will upgrading my ram be a worthy and wise decision

Options
ShashwataRoy
ShashwataRoy Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited June 2021 in Aspire Laptops
My Acer Aspire 3  A315-22-93WY  has an inbuilt 4GB RAM and 256GB SSD ROM .It is working very  very slow .When I open any meet tab the computer tab almost freezes.Will upgrading my ram be a worthy and wise decision ????????

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,575 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    More RAM can help. Reducing the number of apps, programs and websites you have open at one time canhelp too. Go to crucial dot com and run their scanner for compatible upgrades. You should be able to add up to an 8GB DDR4 modules for a total of 12 GB max

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    More RAM can help. Reducing the number of apps, programs and websites you have open at one time canhelp too. Go to crucial dot com and run their scanner for compatible upgrades. You should be able to add up to an 8GB DDR4 modules for a total of 12 GB max

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,990 Trailblazer
    edited June 2021
    Options
    My Acer Aspire 3  A315-22-93WY  has an inbuilt 4GB RAM and 256GB SSD ROM .It is working very  very slow .When I open any meet tab the computer tab almost freezes.Will upgrading my ram be a worthy and wise decision ????????

ShashwataRoy your A315-22-93WY should not be doing that as it’s a pretty decent laptop and quick, there must be something wrong with either your hardware or your software setup. Diagnose your SSD boot drive with a reputable test software like the DiskMark64 or AS SSD Benchmark type testing software and compare your SSD boot drive to their benchmarks and see if your drive is faulty? Also, it could be that your Win-10 hasn’t been updated and/or your drives are not up to date. Putting more memory will do nothing if your system and/or your hardware is not setup properly. 

• JackE
    Options
    >>>> I am getting stutters in my pc... When I play nfs the pc gets hanged and the screen changes only in 1 -2 s... It gets stuck for a while >>>

If you have any non-Microsoft virus scanners running in the background, uninstall them. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ