Can a Predator 15 G9 591 boot a SSD NVMe drive after a migration? my new SAMSUNG 970 EVO 1tb wont

Options
Maxo101
Maxo101 Member Posts: 2 New User
My previous M2 drive that came with the laptop is a SSD SATA M2 (B key) LITE-ON 128gb and was already installed with Windows 10. I migrated the whole drive with all the same identical partitions successfully using  Disk Genius to the Samsung drive. I then opened up the laptop and swapped them over, taking out the Lite-on. Above the NVMe slot is a M2 Sata SDD slot, so I can't use my Samsung there, plus the bottom slot appears to be where the bios boots from as the above slot doesn't appear on the Boot Drive menu.

Anyway, after swapping them over and taking out the Lite-on and replacing it with the Samsung and closing it I started the laptop and after trying to boot but not it just went to Windows recovery and diagnostics. I then looked in the Bios menu and it sees the Samsung Nvme drive. In the boot menu it is the same as it was before, when it would boot the Lite-on no problem. Do I need to update the bios to get it to boot the Nvme drive? I'm scared to do that unless I have to. Also why would that slot not be bootable when there is a NVMe slot on the motherboard, and why else would you have one if you weren't using it as your main C drive? So strange!

Answers