CPU fan doesn’t turn on whithout the use of predator sense, causing 41 Kernel-Power events PH517-51

Options
Kenny11
Kenny11 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 2021 in Predator Laptops

I have got an Accer Predator Helios 500 PH517-51 running on Win 10.

A couple of months ago started the problem with sudden shut downs under moderate use. Right after it is not possible to turn it on, only after about 20 mins. I checked the temperatures in Predator sense right after boot and the CPU temperature was coming down from 80 something degrees while the GPU temperature was normal. As this my laptop is about 3 years old I was assuming that the problem could be the thermal paste/pads and the dusty cooling fans. As I was busy in that period and I needed the laptop daily I set the fans to a higher speed as it wasn’t speeded up on cool boost option. In such way I was managed to run it for 5-6 weeks. Then I changed the pads/paste and cleaned the fans carefully using Anti-static bracelet and so on. A sudden blue screen shut down happened but this time the CPU temperature was between 40-50 degrees in Predator sense. Funny enough when I set the fans to higher speed it was again able to run for a while. Then after a couple of 41 Kernel-Power events, the no bootable drive appeared on the screen. The SSD completely disapeared from the BIOS. In random occasions it is possible to turn it on again for 5-30 mins which was enough to save my data from C to D. Then later I tried the Intel SSD Firmware Update Tool which said that “No intel devices found”.

A week later when the weather got cooler, the laptop started without any problem and with the predator sense turned on I managed to run it all day and save all the data to an external drive. Then I reinstalled win 10 but the problem still persist. The CPU fan doesn’t turn on itself but physically working if I force it through predator sense. Without forcing the vent the laptop shuts down after a while and won’t start for 20mins even when CPU temps appear normal in Predator sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I run out of ideas.

Answers

• Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder
    Options
    weird, what BIOS you have installed, you can check BIOS and Drivers here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7604?b=1
    When was the last time you formatted the unit to factory settings?
    Have you check  this thread out? It might help you

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Kenny11,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​