Will not start

Options
Unspecified
Unspecified Member Posts: 8 New User
As I boot up my laptop and the fans start going, two blip noises can be heard in quick succession. After this, another blip noise is heard 9 times a few seconds between each other (that's 12 on total when you count the first two). Meanwhile, as these blips happen, the laptop whirs and clicks quietly. I filmed this and posted it to Twitter:

After a few minutes, the laptop eventually crashes and shows a blue error screen with the stopcode "DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG" before automatically restarting the laptop.

After the automatic restart, the laptop loads indefinitely on the Predator logo.

I eventually tried to trigger the automatic repair. When trying this, the same thing happened; it crashed and blue screened after about 6 minutes before loading indefinitely again.

I eventually stumbled upon someone in the Acer community who faced a similar problem. In that discussion, I found out about Alt-F10, which I attempted. This caused the laptop to try loading the screen with the message "please wait". The laptop eventually crashes and reset again with the loading screen now saying "preparing automatic repair". This lasted for about 6 minutes again before crashing and blue screening again before finally bringing me back to the indefinite loading screen.

I have attempted many thngs multiple times now, but to no avail.

If it helps, I'll mention that this all started just after I had posted a video to YouTube explaining problems I was having with a headset mic. After I posted that video, I started to set up my capture card to film a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate video, but as I was setting up, the blip noise was heard.

I initially thought this noise came from my mouse, but it turned out to be from my laptop. I stopped setting up the capture card, put everything away and left the laptop for a bit as the blip noise was then heard four times in quick succession. I left the laptop long enough that it shut itself down, so I attempted to turn it back on which is the point where I encountered the problem described above.

How can I solve a problem like this where I can't even get access to any form of settings screen or an automatic repair? I have had this laptop for about a month, do I need a replacement, an expert, or am I just missing an obvious answer?

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options
    Unspecified

Kindly follow the steps given below..

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a  pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and - sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer.  Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you dont find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery.  Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door.  Just below that you can find a latch.  If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed,  flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer. 

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It  will go to bios. Press f9  once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear.  Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load i@Unspecified

If it is not loading into windows, please let us know where exactly it stops..   

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful! 
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Unspecified
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Unspecified

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a  pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and - sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer.  Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you dont find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery.  Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door.  Just below that you can find a latch.  If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed,  flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer. 

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It  will go to bios. Press f9  once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear.  Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load i@Unspecified

Not only am I certain that I don't have the pin hole, but I'm also pretty sure there isn't a door either.

//Edited the content to hide sensitive information.​
  • Unspecified
    Options
    I've been considering taking advantage of the warranty, but I at least need to be sure it's not broken first. I also need to be sure I just have missed the door and can't see it because I'm not looking in the exact correct place.

If there is supposed to be either a pin hole or a door on every device and I don't have any is that a sign I have an anomaly and would need a replacement?
  • Unspecified
    Options
    Unspecified

Since I have no pinhole or door, will I need to unscrew anything?