Acer Aspire Z3-715 All-in-One Computer password help

Options
ch3rry8om8
ch3rry8om8 Member Posts: 7 New User
Mom passed away after struggling with dementia. After finally getting her computer to boot up, turns out she had a password on it . Is there anyway at all to bypass  it so we can save her pictures and important stuff?

Best Answer

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    @ch3rry8om8

Yes.  It is a straight forward operation. 

There are two type of hdd enclosure one for laptop and the other for desktop.    Before buying make sure you buy the right one.    After purchasing the hdd enclosure , simply remove the hard drive from the computer and connect it to enclosure  just like how you insert the cds to optical drive.     There will be a usb cable connected on the enclosure.   You need to connect the usb cable from hdd enclosure to the usb port of working computer.

Once you connect the cable between the hdd enclosure ( with connected hdd ) to computer , it will show you an icon on the "this pc " .   Simply click on the icon.   Drag and drop the files from hdd enclosure to computer.    It is simple.  

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful! 
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

Answers

• ch3rry8om8
    Options
    oops sorry nevermind. guess cant really ask that sort of thing.
  • William_mk2
    Options
    ch3rry8om8

You can buy a hdd enclosure.    Remove the hard drive, connect it to enclosure.     Connect the enclosure to any computer you want and you save your mom's pictures. 

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• ch3rry8om8
    Options
    I kinda gotta wonder how passwords are a deterrent then lol.  But thank you ,i will give that a shot.  i dont know much about computers ,is it a straightforward operation?
  • William_mk2
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    @ch3rry8om8

Yes.  It is a straight forward operation. 

There are two type of hdd enclosure one for laptop and the other for desktop.    Before buying make sure you buy the right one.    After purchasing the hdd enclosure , simply remove the hard drive from the computer and connect it to enclosure  just like how you insert the cds to optical drive.     There will be a usb cable connected on the enclosure.   You need to connect the usb cable from hdd enclosure to the usb port of working computer.

Once you connect the cable between the hdd enclosure ( with connected hdd ) to computer , it will show you an icon on the "this pc " .   Simply click on the icon.   Drag and drop the files from hdd enclosure to computer.    It is simple.  

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Options
    Mom passed away after struggling with dementia. After finally getting her computer to boot up, turns out she had a password on it . Is there anyway at all to bypass  it so we can save her pictures and important stuff?

This is the Acer suggested “AMI Clear BIOS Password” that we can suggest here as per Acer Z3’s service manual only, we can't suggest any password mods and/or changes for HDD's and/or windows OS's as this forum forbids it, this paragraph shows how to clear BIOS password if users have set but forgotten it and its only for supervisor and user passwords as windows passwords are forbidden on this forum for security reasons. 

Supervisor & User Password

1. Enter Windows 8 system (X64 version).

2. Release SCEWIN64_RIO_PWD folder to OS desktop or any other directory users can find and remember.

3. Enter the folder, right click “SCE_WRITE.BAT” and choose “Run as Administrator”. It will automatically write the information to BIOS.

4. Restart computer and press “DEL” to enter BIOS setup, password has been cleared

• ch3rry8om8
    Options
    Thankss for this...I will  try and get someone to help me and let you know if it worked.
  • ch3rry8om8
    Options
    i  could not get those to work, but i did find an open source chntpw tool that did the trick ,,thanks for taking the time to try and help though.