Acer aspire tc-885 temperature

Bubzy1st
Bubzy1st Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Hi so can anyone tell me CPU coolers that will keep my CPU at a very good temperature and will not be loud while gaming 

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Bubzy1st

If you are not a technical person, I would suggest you not to get a generic type of CPU cooler ( I  mean  those claimed can work with both Intel and AMD CPUs). Generic CPU coolers have their own bracket and will need to unseat the motherboard to install, the efforts involved are not far from building a new PC. It took me more than two hours to install such type of generic CPU cooler, the most time consuming project that I ever had when dealing with PC hardware.
    Installing a CPU cooler specific for Intel only (one that will fit LGA 1151) will be an easy task by turning the four thumb screws and lifting up the CPU fan. This process alone should just take a couple minutes. 

Don't forget to buy some thermal paste and re-paste the CPU when installing the new fan (if the CPU cooler doesn't come with the paste, some manufacturers will provide the paste in the CPU cooler). Clean the original paste on the CPU with lint free patch with alcohol and let dry before applying the thermal paste. Apply one drop of thermal paste the size of a pea to the CPU and then install the CPU cooler.

Go to Newegg or Amazon and do a little bit research to find one that fits your requirements (budget, TDP and  DB rating). TDP rating should be 125 W and above, but don't get it too big that will fit only ATX form factor PC cases, my Enermax ETS-T40fit (200W TDP) is that type that is too big for the TC-885 case.
    The DB sound rating should be something close to the low 20s db max for quiet performance.