My hard drive is completely full on my new Acer Aspire TC-895-UR11 Desktop. Can I add RAM and how?

bpandol
bpandol Member Posts: 2 New User
My hard drive is completely full on my new Acer Aspire TC-895-UR11 Desktop. Can I add RAM and how?

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,102 Pathfinder
    You can add another hdd or ssd.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,178 Pathfinder
    bpandol

There is no need to add ram for the "hard drive is completely full" problem.    It is no way related with memory. 

Please remove  the unwanted files from pictures, music, documents and videos folder.    You can also transfer the files to flash drive or external hard drive and then remove the files.   This will create more free space on your hard disk drive. 

Hard disk drive is meant for storage.  It is meant for storing files.  The more storage you have,  you can keep more files and folders.    Normally the hdd will be coming in capacity like 200 gb, 300 gb, 500 gb, 1 TB, 2 TB. 

Memory is meant for speeding up the computer.    The more memory you have, the more faster it works.    Memory will be coming in capacity like  2 gb, 4 gb, 8 gb, 16 gb and 32 gb. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    I saw a 5TB Seagate External Hard Drive for $104. 
    I have a 2TB for storage and use only 1/4 of my 512GB SSD
  • bpandol
    bpandol Member Posts: 2 New User
    Ok - thanks - I'm no computer expert here. But I have no videos stored, very few photos. A little music.  And hardly any documents. I do have Photoshop, InDesign, and Adobe Illustrator software. Could that be occupying so much space?
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Clean the drive with CCLEANER then use File Explorer to see the size of files that you have there.  

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    @bpandol take a snapshot of Disk Management to show us your drive size and partition structure. Filling the drive when it's this new is pretty unusual, unless you started with a really small drive.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.