Is Miracast available on a TC-895-UR12 ?

Hlbergson1
Hlbergson1 Member Posts: 3 New User
If not, what is the best solution for wireless monitor?

Best Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    Ahh gotcha, I could always drop (what an odd word to censor!) into a PCWorld to see if they have one hooked up on Monday for you, if you wanted me to check to make sure :D!

To get it supported the adapter needs to support wifi direct, so an external one which supports it would be needed. I think Linus Tech Tips did a recent video on some external adapters as well

Edit got it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kojTyPdhp3s   PeakDo adapters :)
  • Hlbergson1
    Answer ✓
    thanks Leostat--very helpful!

Answers

• Leostat
    In theory it should be supported as its a recent model, the CPU would support it and i would be suppprised if the wifi6 thing didnt. if you have one you could check under start -> add a wireless display
  • Hlbergson1
    thank you Leostat----I'm on the fence about buying one, and the possibility of adding a wireless monitor would make
    a difference.  If in fact the 895 can't support Miracast, what would be an alternative in a Windows environment?
  • Leostat
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    Ahh gotcha, I could always drop (what an odd word to censor!) into a PCWorld to see if they have one hooked up on Monday for you, if you wanted me to check to make sure :D!

To get it supported the adapter needs to support wifi direct, so an external one which supports it would be needed. I think Linus Tech Tips did a recent video on some external adapters as well

Edit got it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kojTyPdhp3s   PeakDo adapters :)
  • Hlbergson1
    Answer ✓
    thanks Leostat--very helpful!