Acer predator X38 screen turning off

Prokilldeath
Prokilldeath Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

When I'm playing games the screen keeps turning off all the time. I'm on my second one had to return the first one because of dead pixels and the screen turning off in middle of game. I'm having the same issue with this new monitor. I have a rtx 3080 for a video card. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Try switching modes with the HDR and G-Sync to see if you can pin it down to a specific combination of modes...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Prokilldeath

Tinkerer

Ok I'll try it I'll let you know if it fixed it.
  • Prokilldeath

Tinkerer

It's still doing it when I turn off gsync
  • Prokilldeath

Tinkerer

Only way to get it to stop turning off is to turn off deep sleep but only bad thing is the built in fan runs 24/7.
  • F1Aussie
    F1Aussie Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    I honestly dont know why Acer don't do anything to fix this, I first contacted them 6 months ago and they seemed unaware of this issue. These monitors are a big investment and they should have the after sales support to do something about fixing this!! Do they even read this forum? I would assume not.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Prokilldeath,

Monitor self test,

1. Power OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug all the cables.
    3. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
    4. Turn ON the unit and check.​

• Prokilldeath

Tinkerer

I ordered a new display port cable and it stopped the screen from turning on and off. They must have a defaulted display cable.
  • Prokilldeath

Tinkerer

They shipped bad display port cables with the monitor you will have to replace it if you buy this monitor I'm on my second monitor and had the same problem until I figured out it was the display port cable. Nothing will fix it from shutting off and on to you by new DisplayPort cables they need to recall those and ship out new ones too the existing customers.
  • Corrin
    Corrin Member Posts: 1 New User

I’m having the same issue. I have replaced my DPI cables twice, the power supply, and all other misc instructions. It works fine until I play games. Monitor has cut in and out for 8 months and I’ve just about had it at this point.