Delete Key No working - A515-54G

RSquare
RSquare Member Posts: 6 New User
edited June 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Regular delete Key is not working while number pad delete key is working. No physical damage is visible as all. Please help.
Tried reinstalling keyboard driver in devise manager but that didn't help.  

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• What is the exact model? Example AN515-51-75KZ
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RSquare
    A515-54G. also today "0" key in num pad stopped working. Again no sign of any damage. Not sure what is happening :(
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Heat & humidity. Hygroscopic food crumbs & other debris have accumulated on the key mechanisms under the key covers. You can try to  dislodge this stuff by gently digging under the keycovers with a soft bristle facial blush brush while at the same time blowing air from canned air or vacuum exhaust. Be careful not to dig too enthusiastically because it can be difficult to re-install a keycover that pops off.

Jack E/NJ

• RSquare
    tried but not working :(
    On Acer website, I am not able to see keyboard driver for this model
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    That's because it's basic input output device mainly initialized by the BIOS firmware. You likely have a keyswitch hardware issue, not a firware issue. Go to this KB test site and repeatedly press the problem keys for intermittent behavior. If they sometimes register, even if one out of a 100 strokes, the switches are cruddy. They may not be able to be salvaged. In the laptop I'm using right now, I experienced similar behavior with the up down keys and frequently-used vowel keys. I'd get them sorta working for a few weeks, then I'd really have to bang on them repeatedly. I finally gave up and got a new keyboard.

Jack E/NJ

• I agree with classmate JackE. However, if your model has a Bulgarian, Canadian or French keyboard, I would check the bios version:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)