Acer Aspire 7 keyboard not working

PeterLudrovan
PeterLudrovan Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi guys,

my 3 year old notebook Acer Aspire 7 A715-71G-52GT is not working.
For first just the keyboard started to not working, only the letters on it. The numbers on the right side have worked but not every one of them, just a few of them. Later the numbers stopped to work... The notebook have worked, I could boot it on and work, but without keyboard, but later a few ours later i could not even start the notebook.

Now the light that indicates that the notebook is plugged into the electricity is off (the little blue light is off). The power bottom is not turning the notebook on.
What do you think guys, what should be the problem?

Sorry for my bad english.

Thank your for the reply

Peter Ludrovan

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,157 Pathfinder
    PeterLudrovan

I understand you are not able to start the computer now.. 

Try to use the charger on a different outlet on a different room, bypass the surge protector and connect it directly to power outlet and check it. 

Kindly follow the steps given below..

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a  pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and - sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer.  Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you dont find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery.  Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door.  Just below that you can find a latch.  If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed,  flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer. 

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It  will go to bios. Press f9  once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear.  Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.

If some of the keys are not working,  when you type letters if you get numbers, then you might have to disable the number pad.   You need to hold the fn key and press f11 or f12 once to disable and enable the number pad.    

If the entire keys are not working, then you might have to reinstall the keyboard drivers..    Try windows x - device manager - keyboard - Uninstall the keyboard drivers.    You can alternatively press and hold the windows key and press r  - on the run window - type devmgmt.msc - open device manager.  Expand keyboard.  Right click on keyboard driver - left click on uninstall and restart the computer. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful! 
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• PeterLudrovan
    William thank you for your fast response.

I have tried to reset the battery but it did not work. The notebook still not reacting to the Power bottom, it is not starting.
  • William_mk2
    PeterLudrovan

Unplug all the cables and devices from your laptop.     Hold the power button for 2 mins.   Plug the power cable and turn it on .    While turning on the computer do not try to hold the power button.    Just press it and try to turn it on in the normal way.  

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• PeterLudrovan
    I did the next things:

1. Tried again to reset the battery - pressing and holding the reset bottom for 30 sec
    2. Then I did what you have told me now, but still the laptom not turning on.

What do you thing? Is the problem with the keyboard? That it is now working? Because the problem started with that. But the power bottom have worked but later looks like it have stopped to work too. 
  • William_mk2
    PeterLudrovan

We need to narrow down the issue and we need to  isolate the issue. 

I am suspecting issue with the charger.    Tried to connect the charger to a different power outlet.    Try to bypass the surge protector and connect it directly to power outlet.   Tried to connect the charger from a different room on a different power outlet.    

If you have an alternative charger, try to use it.    Try to connect the computer with a new charger if possible. 

Please let us know what happens when you try to turn on the computer. 

Try to start the computer without the charger and check it.    If the battery is not drained out then it should start. 

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★