Trying to reflash the bios, keep getting error messages. Aspire V5-552

totallymental
totallymental Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

OK, so my hdd blew up. Bought a new one with windows installed but it needs the bios to switch to legacy mode. The security area of the bios would not allow this change, so I decided to reflash the bios in the hope that this would fix it. All went well till it came to the reflash where I get the error message; "Problem getting flash information"
I'm stuck! Used the bios downlaoded from this site, so it should be OK.
Can anyone help, please?

Answers

• You have to install windows in uefi mode, to update the bios.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • totallymental

Tinkerer

Until I can persuade the bios to recognise the hdd, it won't be possible to access Windows.
  • Is the hard drive showing up in the information tab of the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • totallymental

Tinkerer

No, apparently I need to show legacy devices. To do this I need to reflash the bios (I think) but all I get is an error message; "Problem getting flash information"
  • Can you upload a photo of the bios information tab?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer