Aspire E15 E5-574G power and charging problem

Yaman85
Yaman85 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Greetings,

I have an Aspire E15 E5-574G laptop.  Two days ago the battery stopped charging. When the charger is plugged in the charging light is on as usual but the percentage is stuck at 93%. When I remove the cable the laptop shuts down directly. 

It was working completely fine both on the battery and when plugged in. I noticed this after the last update but I am not sure if it is relevant.

Now when I plug in the charger it won't start directly. I have to wait for a few minutes until the charging light is on and then I can turn it on. The blue light of electricity will not light up until the battery light is on (before the problem the blue light will light up instantly once I plug in the charger).

I tried changing the electricity cable and tried another charger but the problem is the same. I tried to reset the battery from the reset button (the battery is built-in) but the problem remains still.

Please advise on what to do to solve this problem.

Thanks

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,167 Pathfinder
    edited June 2021
    Yaman85

It might be the issue with charger, power outlet or battery.    Let us try to isolate the issue..

Please try to charge it in a different room on a different outlet.   Try to bypass the surge protector and check. 

Most of the problems are fixed by doing a power drain test and bios defaults .  Kindly follow the steps given below..

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a  pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and - sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer.  Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you dont find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery.  Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door.  Just below that you can find a latch.  If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed,  flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer. 

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It  will go to bios. Press f9  once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear.  Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.

Since you facing the issue, after an update ... It it is still not working, try to do a system restore to an earlier date

Try windows  + x - Go to command prompt admin or power shell admin 

type rstrui 

chose an earlier date on which computer was working fine.    Click on next ,next , finish and yes..   Computer will restart and perform a system restore to an earlier date.    Whatever message you get please click on close.   It will load the icons. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful! 
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Yaman85,

# Try to update the battery driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option battery.
    4. Under the title battery.

5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title battery.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • Yaman85

Tinkerer

Thank you for your response. I tried all what you have suggested, but the problem remains still. I even got a new issue today as when I started the laptop it gave me a bluescreen telling me that there is a problem with the system and I need to perform windows fix or something like that. However, the laptop logged on to the system after a restart.
    Any Idea why that happened?

Hi @Easwar,
    Thank you for your response. I tried to update the battery driver but the system showed that I already have the latest drivers.
    Any suggestions?

Should I try to replace the battery? I am afraid that if there is a problem in the system it will affect the new battery as well. Any thoughts? 

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
  • Yaman85

Tinkerer

Hi @Easwar,

I already replaced the battery and the charger and the problem is solved.

However, I have a new issue now. Most likely after updating the bios I am getting this error:

I tried to fix it using Windows 10 boot devise by going to troubleshoot -> advanced options -> startup repair but I got a message that repair cannot be done. I also tried to disable secure-boot but the option in my bios is greyed.

Any suggestions?