Acer Aspire 7 Fan Noise (A715-75G-50TA)

DarrylGerald747
DarrylGerald747 Member Posts: 17 New User
edited June 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Acer Aspire 7 fan sound (A715-75G-50TA)

I've had this laptop for year. It's a really nice laptop but the main problem is the fan noise ITS TOO LOUD .
Whenever I start up a game the noise goes away but when I'm not playing the fan sound is too loud.
There's this Krrrrrrrrrrr sound

Any one got some suggestions on what to do? 

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi DarrylGerald747,

Try to do power drain,

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug the charger. 
    3. At the bottom there will be a tiny pin hole with battery sign close to it take a pin or paper clip and insert into it hold that button for 20-30 seconds. Then turn ON the unit and check.​

• DarrylGerald747
    DarrylGerald747 Member Posts: 17 New User
    Should I drain the entire battery at first then press it or do it straight away even though there's charge?
  • Callistemon
    Callistemon Member Posts: 106 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Should I drain the entire battery at first then press it or do it straight away even though there's charge?
    The purpose is not to drain the battery itself, but to drain the power in the system by disconnecting the battery, which is what pressing the button does. The battery itself is too high-capacity to actually be drained just by pressing a button for a few seconds. It only disconnects the battery from the system temporarily, and it doesn't matter what charge the battery is at before it is disconnected for a few seconds.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi DarrylGerald747,

No, You no need to drain the entire battery first. Just unplug the cables. Turn OFF the unit. Press and hold the battery reset button.