Nitro XV282K Back Light Bleeding Issue

Options
PumpedUpMoses
PumpedUpMoses Member Posts: 3 New User
I've been eyeballing the Nitro XV282K monitor for my Xbox Series X since it's announcement. I've been keeping up with the online stores and then last week, I scored one from Amazon.

It arrived yesterday afternoon and that evening, I started to set it up all, hooked it up to my PC via DisplayPort and then my Xbox Series X to one of the HDMI ports. I enabled HDMI 2.1 and set it to HDR.

The issue I found when I played pretty much any game that had dark scenes is that I noticed extreme light bleeding from the corners.

I tried the whole massaging the screen corners and lightly messed with the back panel. No luck at all. Thought maybe it needed to be used several hours before it starts to improve. I guess that wont work either.

In the picture below, I ran one of those black screen YouTube videos so I can take a picture of this.

Anyone else running into this same issue and if you resolved it, what did you do?

I understand if there's a small amount of bleeding, but not the amount I'm experiencing. Hopefully there's a fix.

Answers

• PumpedUpMoses
    PumpedUpMoses Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Here's another picture of Valhalla and in the character screen, the left side is very noticeable. It's like two dome hazes coming from the left side.

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi PumpedUpMoses,

Monitor self test,

1. Power OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug all the cables.
    3. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
    4. Turn ON the unit and check.