Acer Aspire 7 list of problems

GoGO12921
GoGO12921 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi I own an Acer Aspire 7 and it will be my 3rd year of ownership this October. I have been facing a list of problems in my laptop since I don't have a authentic acer service center as well as the available service centers are bad at their work. The problems are :

1. Since the early days i have a heating issues despite having 2 fans in it. Keeps thermal throttling
  2. I have showed my laptop at various places but they say the thermal paste is all right, I haven't changed it since I purchased this laptop
  3. Some of the keys in this laptop have stopped working like w, Tab, Home, j  and some num pads keys are also only working sometimes
  4. I wanted to change the keyboard on my laptop but due to its design the laptop needs to be completely dismantled to change the keyboard.
  5. Now the battery has also been showing its signs as some times it shows the battery is completely been ware some its it shows 28k is still left.
  6. Charging problems, The laptops doesn't charge at all if at sleep or turned off state, and when I charge , it alternately charges like it keeps charging and after 40-50 sec it automatically discharges and again charges and the thing keeps repeating I cant find put if its the battery or the charger that is creating problems.
  7. the screen shows horizontal lines on the left side only nothing on the right side
The laptop takes 3-4 min to bootup completely

I have tried re installing drivers and stuffs but the keyboard problems is effecting my use but i have not done BIOs update thing as I think the keyboard problem occurred due to overheating of cpu and gpu as the key w is just above them and as it reaches top temp of 84-90 c it must have damaged it. Im just worried if its the heating and battery and this alternative charging damaging the laptop.

Since there is no Acer Service center in Nepal please inform me where can i get help to fix this laptop.

I hope I get help here in this forum, thanks.

My specs :

i5 7300hq @ 2.5 Ghz
8 GB RAM
64 bit OS
1050ti
1000 GB HDD

Answers