Helios 300 GPU fan making loud noises

Options
Emergent
Emergent Member Posts: 4 New User
Hello, recently my GPU fan on my Helios 300 has started to make loud noises at any speed.  The speed also, does not respond to my direct controls in the PredatorSense app, it just stays at 2040, or sometimes like 1680.  No matter how fast the fan is going, I can't influence it.  I've cleaned the fan, added a little lubricant to the rotor, but this did not affect the issue.  The noise is almost a grinding sound, but I didn't see any physical obstructions when I had the cover off.  I'm considering buying and installing a new fan, but wasn't sure if ACER sells them directly.  Any help would be appreciated!

Answers

• Emergent
    Options
    I removed all covers and turned on the laptop and the noise still persisted. I removed the blades and found that the stators wiggle back and forth. This seems like the cause to me. Would a drop of glue to hold the stators stationary work or do I need a complete fan replacement?
  • Emergent
    Options
    I put some super glue on the broken frame that holds the rotor in place and the noise stopped.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Emergent,

Good to know thanks for your information. It will be useful for many people.