PREDATOR DEN

Share your setup and talk about your favorite games, benchmark results, upcoming events, or anything related to Predator gaming products.

Battery only on gaming.

TotoMark79TotoMark79 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Is it ok to play games on predator using battery only? i noticed that the cpu temp is lower and also what wiil happen if the cpu temp reach 90deg or higher for 10 to 15mins? 

Comments

• LeostatLeostat ACE Posts: 2,109 Pathfinder
    I wouldn't recommend it all the time , you will rinse the battery and massively reduce the effective lifetime of it.

The reason it's cooler is it's throttleing the components, you can achieve the same effect by limiting the frame rate in games pretty much, I think there is an option in the gforce experience app

As for the temps, no problem. Most mobile chips are good upto around 100, so it's fine it runs like that. Take for example the last Mac pros that were released, they used to run above 90 all the time!
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post!  I'm a UK based techi, so apologies if my help links are for the UK region site! 

Want to know if your PC supports Windows 11? Check out the offical Health Check tool :Dhttps://aka.ms/GetPCHealthCheckApp
  • TotoMark79TotoMark79 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Thanks. Also is it really effective using this thermal paste, i mean aftermarket thermal paste?
  • NathanAlwisNathanAlwis Member Posts: 61 Troubleshooter
    Leostat said:
    I wouldn't recommend it all the time , you will rinse the battery and massively reduce the effective lifetime of it.

The reason it's cooler is it's throttleing the components, you can achieve the same effect by limiting the frame rate in games pretty much, I think there is an option in the gforce experience app

As for the temps, no problem. Most mobile chips are good upto around 100, so it's fine it runs like that. Take for example the last Mac pros that were released, they used to run above 90 all the time!
    True but if its an i7 processor you are using you should expect that kinda temps but replacing the thermal paste might do the trick.... 
  • NathanAlwisNathanAlwis Member Posts: 61 Troubleshooter
    edited November 15
    I don't recommend playing games on battery power as it drains the battery's life a lot, and you can always prevent the processor from overclocking too helps a lot, if you need to know how lemme know...
  • Acer-ErickAcer-Erick Moderator Posts: 340 Moderator

Hi @ TotoMark79
    Please mention your model name of unit 

• EaswarEaswar Ally Posts: 4,775
    Hi @ TotoMark79,

yes it's fine to play while plugged in and the battery fully charged.