Acer Aspire 5737Z turns off randomly after cpu upgrade.

jakaco
jakaco Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello i recently upgraded my Acer Aspire 5737Z-423G16Mn from an Intel Pentium T4200 to an Intel Core 2 Duo T9400, the laptop worked great until it shut off about 5 minutes later.
The laptop does this everytime, sometimes it turns off after 4 minutes and sometimes after 8 minutes.
The fan does not speed up but i can hear it running quietly, the laptop also runs the latest bios and worked great before upgrading.
I think it's an issue with the power supply but i'm not sure at all, i know almost nothing about laptops and i don't wanna buy a new power supply just to find out it wasn't the issue.
What do i do to fix this problem?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    You could try reinstalling the driver for CPU, go to Device manager expand Processors, right click and and uninstall the driver in Driver tab, reboot and let Windows install the driver, if that doesn't help, you may have to repaste the CPU and make sure that you don't overtighten the heatsink screws.
  • jakaco
    jakaco Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks, i already did that and even tried other operating systems like linux but it didnt solve my issue.
    I applied new thermal paste to the cpu and i remember the heatsink screws had springs on them to limit me from overtightening them.
    I hope there's another way to fix this without taking the laptop apart again as it took me a very long time.