Predator Helios 300 Screen backlight stays on

Options
Predator0621
Predator0621 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 2021 in Predator Laptops
I have a Predator Helios 300 connected to my TV. Windows 10 is set up so that only the TV shows a picture when it's on. The laptop display is supposed to be completely off. Sadly the display backlight stays on regardless of whether the TV is turn on or off. In Windows I have set it to turn the screen off after 15 minutes and that works for the TV. The laptop screen is supposed to be black and it's actually not displaying anything. This is correct. But the backlight is still on. This laptop is never turned off so that backlight in my cabinet is also on 24/7! How can I turn it off?

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,755 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    What is the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz. Does the same problem occur when pressing fn+f6? Try resetting the battery:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,755 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    What is the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz. Does the same problem occur when pressing fn+f6? Try resetting the battery:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Predator0621
    Predator0621 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Fantastic, thanks. FN+F6 did it! =) Stupid me didn't realize there was a manual function key for that. It is strange that windows would not use the screen but still keep the light on. Oh well, some mysteries remain unsolved.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You are welcome.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer