My laptop heats up to 85-90 C constantly without even going down on that range, helios 300

Options
NeonBlue
NeonBlue Member Posts: 4 New User
edited June 2021 in Predator Laptops
So I've been gaming for a while, in this case, I was playing Forza Horizon 4 (lowered the settings to medium but still the same temps) and as well Life is Strange with ultra settings. I've turned on the turbo to max out my fan speed and I turned on my AC to at least cool down the room. The laptop's temperature is okay probably around 60-70 on the surface and the same goes for my GPU temps. But the main concern here is my CPU which heats up to 85 to 95 C. Is there a problem with my hardware? Please help me to address this problem because I want this laptop to last. I would also love to enjoy my time with this laptop without worrying about its lifetime. Thank you so much!

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,116 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of the laptop, in the meantime, you can use Throttlestop to undervolt your CPU, however, temperatures are not too bad at the moment but if you feel the temperatures are too high, follow the instructions in the video, you have to find the appropriate settings for your system, Throttlestop is safe and will not reduce the performance of your laptop.
    ThrottleStop 9.3 Download | TechSpot
    ThrottleStop Remix - i7-7700 & i5 6300- Undervolt Guide - Overheating Fix / Optimization - YouTube
  • NeonBlue
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of the laptop, in the meantime, you can use Throttlestop to undervolt your CPU, however, temperatures are not too bad at the moment but if you feel the temperatures are too high, follow the instructions in the video, you have to find the appropriate settings for your system, Throttlestop is safe and will not reduce the performance of your laptop.
    ThrottleStop 9.3 Download | TechSpot
    ThrottleStop Remix - i7-7700 & i5 6300- Undervolt Guide - Overheating Fix / Optimization - YouTube
    Hello, I am currently using a Predator Helios 300 i7 10th Gen and RTX 2060. I may add that I turned on the cool boost while I am playing Forza, temps are a little bit lower than before maybe, 2 to 3 degrees lower than usual. It still hits 85-90 constantly and has spikes that reach up to 95 degrees. And, thank you for the early response.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,116 Trailblazer
    Options
    No problem, you may not be able to use Throttlestop because some of these 10th Gen CPUs are locked, so you have to use the laptop as it is and if needed you may have to repaste the CPU but it's a last resort measure.
  • NeonBlue
    Options

No problem, you may not be able to use Throttlestop because some of these 10th Gen CPUs are locked, so you have to use the laptop as it is and if needed you may have to repaste the CPU but it's a last resort measure.
    I've seen some posts about undervolting using throttlestop, but is it a safe software to use, or will it cause damage to my laptop overall? I've also read to clean out the fans from any potential dust build-up on the fans and also repasting it. But my main concern is the throttlestop, is it safe?brummyfan2