Need advice on which ram to install on my Acer TC-220

skilz_99
skilz_99 Member Posts: 1 New User
hi,

I recently got my TC-220 from the used market at my place. It has AMD A10 7800 with radeon r7 apu and gtx 750ti 2gb vram ddr5 along with ddr3l 12800u 1600mhz 8gb and custom 465w psu also 1TB hdd 5400rpm. My question is when i see videos on youtube about gaming in gta 5/gta online i see them use high settings while my settings are on medium and the rest is off.

The games fps inst stable enough and lags looks very ugly bcz its on medium, but the guy told me it runs well on high ssettings too. I saw the this cpu supports ddr3 2133mhz also but im not sure if the motherboard can allow it. Should i uograde my ram like add the same make and model i have already to 16gb for gaming bcz i've noticed the ram usage is 6.1gb/7.9gb when running gta online. I've asked Rockstar games but they told me to reinstall the game again sadly. 

-thank you

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @skilz_99
    Seemed like you do not have urgent need for RAM upgrade, as you still have 1.8 GB reserve left.

You are still using a 5400 RPM spinning HDD?  This is the bottleneck!
    At least change it to a 2.5" SATA3 SSD for better performance.
    Do not know your PC's full model number.
    If you open up the PC and find an unoccupied M.2 SSD slot, it will be even better to use a M.2 NVMe SSD ( at least 20 times faster than your current 5400 RPM HDD) than 2.5" SATA3 SSD. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    Your system supports a maximum of 32GB of ram, using four 8GB modules. You have 8GB right now, and that could mean you have one 8GB stick, two 4GB sticks or four 2GB sticks. It would be very helpful to know what you have installed right now. The memory should be 1600 and should be either DDR3 or DDR3L. Note that although the MB supports both DDR3 and DDR3L, you can't mix the two. It's also better to put memory in in matched pairs, so take that into account.
    As ttttt says, you are going to get a bigger boost in performance by dropping a SSD in and cloning the existing HDD to it, then booting from the SSD. It'll really feel good to see it booting so fast!
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.