Acer Aspire XC-830-EB12

Bash26
Bash26 Member Posts: 3 New User
I just bought this PC and will like to connect the wifi ( wirelessly). Please help.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    It should have WiFi build in, so all you need to do is head to the bottom right of the start bar, click on the WiFi icon (looks like a little globe) , click your WiFi network and enter the password :)
  • Bash26
    My apologies you have partly answered my question but the PC is new and I am just setting it up.Its not showing the start bar yet What can I do please ?
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Ohhh sorry my bad. So when you turn it on for the very first time you can select the WiFi network as part of the 'welcome' setup process . It walk you through creating an account and connecting to the internet :)

If you are passed that and are in the log in screen, it should be the little globe , or a little pc next to the power off button. When you click it should pop up with connect to the internet
  • Bash26
    On 0lugging the system in, it asked a few question about language and key board settings and then  to the connect to network page. Its not giving the option to choose a wifi connection.
  • DS549
    DS549 Member Posts: 32 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Try going into Settings (on the start menu) > Network and Internet > Wifi. On the Wifi screen select "show available networks". You now should be able to see and connect to your router. You'll need to know your router's network key to login.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    Some models of the XC-830 don't have the WiFi option installed, but yours should. Can you try it with a wired connection to get it up and running, then we can look at whether the WiFi is just not working or if it's not even there...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.