Bluetooth pairing but the "allow a device to connect" is greyed out Aspire XC-830

TJH2212
TJH2212 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

HI, Hope someone can help !
I've just bought a new Aspire XC-830 and I am trying to send files via blue tooth from my old device. The devices are pairing but not connecting. Device Manager says driver is working properly but obviously something isn't. I'm not technically minded so simple remedies would be appreciated ! Many thanks

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• TJH2212

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Problem solved !  I did say I wasn't technically minded at the outset lol ......never even thought to check my network settings....the issue was the Network being set to Public and therefore it would not connect, I have now set it to Private and it connects to my laptop and phone no problem ! Thank you to those who offered advice, it was very much appreciated  =)

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi TJH2212,

Are you getting and error code in the screen.
  • TJH2212

Tinkerer

HI, no error codes. It's pairing with my phone and laptop no problem, it says it has connected to my phone but I can't send any files. The "allow a device to connect" on my new aspire is still greyed out....nearby sharing is on, location is on...not sure what else to try ?
  • TJH2212

Tinkerer

HI, thank you, but I have already tried this and it didn't work. The allow a device to connect is still greyed out and when I try to connect either my laptop or phone it either connects and immediately disconnects, or it says unable to connect. Any other solutions would be greatly appreciated before I pack it back up and send it back :/
  • TJH2212

Tinkerer

HI, thank you again, but that hasn't fixed it either. The issue appears to be with the allowing devices to connect, I can pair devices no problem, but none of the above remedies the connecting of devices issue. The "allow devices to connect" remains greyed out.....Not impressed with my Acer so far ! 
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    edited June 2021
    What type of phone are you sending files from? Some support a feature called "your phone" which just lets you browse the phone from your laptop without having to sync anything up. Any samsung after the S10 supports it i think, unsure on other brands!

Does it let you send single files if you head to start -> bluetooth -> send or recive files over bluetooth -> recive files?
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    In Warranty Support is USA Phone: 1-866-695-2237
  • TJH2212

Tinkerer

Leostat said:
    What type of phone are you sending files from? Some support a feature called "your phone" which just lets you browse the phone from your laptop without having to sync anything up. Any samsung after the S10 supports it i think, unsure on other brands!

Does it let you send single files if you head to start -> bluetooth -> send or recive files over bluetooth -> recive files?
    HI, thank you for your reply. It won't let me send even a single file to either my phone or my laptop. I've tried everything suggested online but the "allow a device to connect" still remains greyed out. My phone is a Samsung Note 10 plus and my laptop is also an Acer. I can send files via bluetooth between my laptop and phone without any issues, so the problem obviously lies with either Windows 10 or with the Acer Aspire XC-830.  Any other suggestions at all ? 
    Thank you 
  • TJH2212

Tinkerer

Update:-
    I have successfully SENT a file from my Acer Aspire XC 830 to my phone, but it won't receive any files. Could the issue lie with Security, IE Norton or Windows Defender ? 
  • TJH2212

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Problem solved !  I did say I wasn't technically minded at the outset lol ......never even thought to check my network settings....the issue was the Network being set to Public and therefore it would not connect, I have now set it to Private and it connects to my laptop and phone no problem ! Thank you to those who offered advice, it was very much appreciated  =)