CPU performance in loads remains at 0.4 GHz

Presumably this happened after the automatic update of the BIOS to version 1.17

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    You could try a battery reset, switch off the laptop, disconnect AC adaptor and follow the instructions in the video, leave the laptop to rest for 15 Minutes, reconnect AC adaptor and fully charge the battery before start using again, 3 is the battery reset pinhole in my snip.
    Acer Internal Battery Reset - Acer Community

• ZeeArwin
    ZeeArwin Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited June 2021
    Hi,
    You could try a battery reset, switch off the laptop, disconnect AC adaptor and follow the instructions in the video, leave the laptop to rest for 15 Minutes, reconnect AC adaptor and fully charge the battery before start using again, 3 is the battery reset pinhole in my snip.

I didn't expect this but it worked.
    Thank you

• brummyfan2
    ZeeArwin said:
    Hi,

Thank you

You are welcome  :)
  • ZeeArwin
    ZeeArwin said:
    Hi,

Thank you

I hurried to celebrate. After a short run, it dropped to 0.4 GHz again. The difference from the previous situation is that if you work for some time after a reboot, it works normally from 1 to 30 minutes, then the frequency drops to 0.4 GHz and everything slows down.
  • brummyfan2
    ZeeArwin said:
    ZeeArwin said:
    Hi,

Thank you

I hurried to celebrate. After a short run, it dropped to 0.4 GHz again. The difference from the previous situation is that if you work for some time after a reboot, it works normally from 1 to 30 minutes, then the frequency drops to 0.4 GHz and everything slows down.
    Hi,
    You could try disabling Fast Start-up in Power options, monitor the temperatures and check the fans for any defect such as not spinning or dust/debris and if needed clean the fans and see whether it helps.
    HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID

• If the issue occurred after updating the bios, try resetting the bios by pressing f9 and then f10. Also check with hwmonitor if the temperature is high.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi ZeeArwin,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • ZeeArwin
    edited June 2021
    Hi,
    You could try disabling Fast Start-up in Power options, monitor the temperatures and check the fans for any defect such as not spinning or dust/debris and if needed clean the fans and see whether it helps.

The temperatures was pretty low. Even when trying a stress test.
    But I found some debris stuck on the cooling fan.
    Apparently some kind of protective mechanism was triggered, dropping the frequency before the processor even heats up.

After cleaning, but the frequency does not drop now.

• brummyfan2
    ZeeArwin said:
    Hi,

The temperatures was pretty low. Even when trying a stress test.
    But I found some debris stuck on the cooling fan.
    Apparently some kind of protective mechanism was triggered, dropping the frequency before the processor even heats up.

After cleaning, but the frequency does not drop now.

Yes, you are right, the CPU drops the frequency due to the dust in the fan and your temperatures look normal now(81°C), thanks for feedback.