PH315-51 Freezes on startup.

Options
CBS22
CBS22 Member Posts: 4 New User
When I restart the laptop, the screen freezes on the predator logo while the loading dots appear. I have tried performing the bios default, as well as using the command prompt to turn off fast startup. Nothing has worked so far, I'm not sure what else I can do. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,118 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    You could try a battery reset, switch off the laptop, disconnect from mains and follow the instructions in the video, leave the laptop to rest for 15 minutes, reconnect AC adaptor and fully charge the battery before starting to use the laptop.
    Acer Internal Battery Reset - Acer Community

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi CBS22,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • CBS22
    Options
    Thank you, I tried both recommendations and I am still freezing at the logo on startup. Maybe it cant be fixed. 
  • CBS22
    Options
    For the sake of it, I tried resetting the battery again before starting the laptop and it no longer froze at the logo as it did before. I am not sure why it did not work the first time, but thanks for the help!
  • CBS22
    Options
    Hello again, unfortunately, I have run into the same issue again. I actually ran into it once before now and the above solution fixed it once again, but this time it is not. 
    Resetting the battery has not solved the issue this time, and I don't know what else to do.
    If anyone knows of other ways to stop my startup screen from freezing, I would appreciate the help.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi CBS22,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

OR book the unit for repair service,

https://customerselfcare.acer.com/CS2/#/