Aspire 3 A315-21-454Y failed to install windows new version 20H2

Options
Viyan2005
Viyan2005 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Laptop Model      : Acer Aspire 3 A315-21-454Y
MFG Date          :2017/09/13
Operating Systerm :Windows 10 Home

I'm using windows 10 Version 1909 now.I can download update 20H2 version but when i restart to install installation was
failed.(i recived a notification and it also shows on update history."Failed to instal- 0xc1900101"
So I decided to reinstall windows from microsoft installation meadia
        1 option.I tried upgrade PC Now option. (I also tried windows update tool too)
        2 option.I tried create installation meadia option(using usb and disc both)
1 option:It was download but when it's restart to install it will failed.(error- 0xC1900101-0x20017 The installation failed 
         in the SAFE_OS phase with error during BOOT operation) 
2 option:when i press F2 and change boot piority list to boot from usb or disc i got usually acer logo without loading circle then pc 
         restarted without starting install.
   Then i decided to reinstall windows 10 version 1909 using bootable USB.it worked!How i get new version? what's the problem

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    Try downloading, unzipping and installing this newer ACER graphics update. Then try 20H2 again.

Jack E/NJ

• Viyan2005

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Try downloading, unzipping and installing this newer ACER graphics update. Then try 20H2 again.

still i can't install windows 20H2 update or reinstall windows from media creation tool using bootable usb ( i got usually acer logo without loading circle then pc  restarted without starting install.) BUT I CAN REINSTALL WINDOWS USING A 1909 VERSION BOOTABLE USB . I think this laptop not compatible for windows new version.is that the case? is it possible ? what can I do ?  Aspire 3 A315 21 454Y this laptop made for windows 10.

• JackE
    Options
    Yes. Likely! Probably a good reason why it doesn't install. You might try incrementally updating staring with the v2004 (aka 20H1)  iso to see how it goes. Download the iso by googling the keywords Windows 10 2004 archive. Prepare the iso installation stick using Rufus. Report back with results. Thanks Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the same issue occur when trying to install version 21h1?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Viyan2005

Tinkerer

Options
    Does the same issue occur when trying to install version 21h1?
    yes same issue when trying to install version 21h1
  • JackE
    Options
    You might try incrementally updating staring with the v2004 (aka 20H1)  iso to see how it goes. Download the iso by googling the keywords Windows 10 2004 archive. Prepare the iso installation stick using Rufus. Report back with results. Thanks Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TheRW
    TheRW Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    The most frustrating of experiences....

Incremental updating didn't help me one bit (except create more headaches).  Resetting Windows Updater didn't work either, not to mention the automatic tool or the Windows Update Assistant tool.  Clean Install did not help.   A clean install with incremental updates - also failed.  

Media Creator failed too,  but at least I got some information from it...  The install fails on the second boot phase (whatever that is) and gave me this error: 

| 0x8007002C-0x4001E, The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during PRE_OOBE operation.

Can anyone explain what this means and why no one from Acer or Microsoft can address it (or at least tell us they don't know and are working on it)?  I find it hard to believe it hasn't been addressed since it is literally the SAME issue that occured with 2004 upgrades (back then it was the same error code, except it ended in 4001D).  

PS.  After 4 days of trying I got my machine to update from 1909 to 21H1.  All it took was for me to wipe EVERYTHING on my drive during the installation and run the update from USB several times.  In other words - gonna take a few days to get back to "normal".  

Thanks for letting me vent....
  • JackE
    Options
    Thanks for your report TheRW However, because these are  two machines with different histories, I still suggest that Viyan200   try the incremental 2004 update. If still no joy, then do an ALT+F10 cold boot factory refresh from the hidden recovery partition while saving personal files. Then make sure System Protection is turned on in ControlPanel's restore point app just in case some kind of update caused the issue in the first place.

Jack E/NJ

• Viyan2005

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Thanks for your report TheRW However, because these are  two machines with different histories, I still suggest that Viyan200   try the incremental 2004 update. If still no joy, then do an ALT+F10 cold boot factory refresh from the hidden recovery partition while saving personal files. Then make sure System Protection is turned on in ControlPanel's restore point app just in case some kind of update caused the issue in the first place.

same issue I can't install 2004 version
  • JackE
    Options
    Then I suggest trying to do an ALT+F10 cold boot factory refresh from the hidden recovery partition while saving personal files. Make sure System Protection is turned on after a refresh as it often defaults to off. Then try to update again.

Jack E/NJ

• Viyan2005

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Then I suggest trying to do an ALT+F10 cold boot factory refresh from the hidden recovery partition while saving personal files. Make sure System Protection is turned on after a refresh as it often defaults to off. Then try to update again.
    can you pls send me steps for this?
                                                              Thank You for supporting me. 

• JackE
    Options
    With the laptop turned off, turn the machine on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key till a recovery screen appears. The recovery screen should present a troubleshooting screen with a refresh option to keep your files or a full reset option that erases everything that should  return system to a factory fresh state.  Follow directions on this link.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Viyan2005

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:

same issue I can't install 2004 version .

• AsherSmith
    AsherSmith Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Thanks for your reply sir, I will try it out and see what’s next
  • Viyan2005

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    With the laptop turned off, turn the machine on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key till a recovery screen appears. The recovery screen should present a troubleshooting screen with a refresh option to keep your files or a full reset option that erases everything that should  return system to a factory fresh state.  Follow directions on this link.  Jack E/NJ

still i can't install update.  is this a problem of my bios 
  • JackE
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Don't know yet. Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point' Click 'create a restore point'. Is System Protection turned on in the box that pops up?

Jack E/NJ

• Viyan2005

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Don't know yet. Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point' Click 'create a restore point'. Is System Protection turned on in the box that pops up?

no, I reset my pc but still i can't install update
  • JackE
    Options
    Please turn System Protection on before you try any updates!!!!

Jack E/NJ

• Viyan2005

Tinkerer

Options
    A315 21 NOT LISTED 
  • JackE
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Sorry. Like the rest of us community ACER users, you must keep checking for updates for your particular model. We have no advance knowledge of when or even if these updates will be published or the next major Win10 version will finally address the issue. If your BIOS version is earlier than the latest BIOS update on the regular ACER driver download site, you can try installing the latest. But it is risky since it does not specifically address the Win10 update issue.

Jack E/NJ