Is it a good idea to keep my laptop plugged-in? - Aspire 5 A515-51G

rohank11
rohank11 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hey there,
I have a question regarding my new laptop Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G and I would be grateful if you can answer it. I have bought a  and I need to use it around 12 hours per day for my company Metalica Forging Inc (https://metalicaforginginc.com) office work. I have heard that the new lithium-polymer or lithium-ion batteries have a limited number of charging cycles and so, it is better to keep the laptop plugged-in when it is charged to prolong the battery life. In laptops there is also a good option for battery protection that stops battery charging when reaching a maximum level. But my problem is that when I keep the laptop plugged-in, it gets "very" hot and the fan works frequently and loudly, even when the laptop is idle. So, what is your suggestion? Which one is better: to keep my laptop plugged-in and do not care if it gets hot or to charge it up to a certain level and then unplug my laptop and continue working on battery?
Thanks in advance for your answers,

//Edited the content to add model name.

Comments

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi rohank11,

No, (From my point of view) It may affect the battery. So once the battery completes 100% charges unplug it if  the battery % goes below 30 % plug it back.