atc-780-ur11 dvd-rw not working

asecmt
asecmt Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

i have an atc-780-ur11 and all of a sudden my dvd-rw is not working. unable to see it in windows device manager. can see device in bios just not windows. havent had time to check cable connections till i get home from work so i will edit this post when i can do that. but i cant seem to find anything at ALL about wanting to replace this drive if needed... can anyone please point me in the right direction of purchasing a new dvd-rw if i need to or am i just dead in the water here?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    Your Aspire TC-780 uses a standard SATA slimline DVD drive, the same as what was used in most laptops for the last 10-15 years. There's a drive cage mounted in the case that holds the ODD and it's not too tough to get out for replacement. You can go with pretty much any of the multi-function drives, but unless you plan on watching Blue Ray videos (which requires extra software) I'd stick with one that supports everything up through DVD DL Read/Write.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.