Temperatures and Fan speeds - acer predator triton 700 pt715-51

Options
michaelatlam
michaelatlam Member Posts: 7 New User
edited June 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hi All,

I have an Acer triton 700 with GTDX 1080 on it. I have been having issues with temperature and CPU locking due to temperatures getting up to 95C, The laptop itself is coming up to 4 years now, I have replaced the both fans with original ones around 6 months ago and I have just repasted about a week ago however the temperatures are still getting up there, I well maintain my laptop i open it and clean it making sure no dust build up is present, I use it on battery as well as on power (the battery is also new 6 months old now)

For my use i do not need the maximum power it provides, So i opted to force the laptop to only reach 90% of CPU usage to maintain temperatures, It did work for a few days I thought but  today i was playing Frost Punk and the laptop just shut off, So not only is the laptop reaching 95+ temperatures but I also noticed that the fans do not go on maximum speeds to combat the heat.

I am literally playing a game (mostly Hunt Showdown best game ever) and ill be playing and it just halts and then i notice the temperatures are at 90+ it does recover but it shouldn't be doing this no?

so I have 2 issues, Temperatures are reaching 95+ when i think they shouldn't and the Predador sense not really kicking in when it should with the fan speeds, Coolboost is on, automatic etc etc.

I thought about buying a new laptop but i can still play most games on high with decent FPS and i did buy this ***** thing for 3.5k. You think its the age and the exposure temperatures over time have made my lil ol CPU a little retired lol

thanks!

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi michaelatlam,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• michaelatlam
    Options
    Thank you for answering my message

acer predator triton 700 pt715-51
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you switched to a new thermal paste?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • michaelatlam
    Options
    Have you switched to a new thermal paste?
    Thank you for taking the time to respond

Yes but i had the issue before that as well It was the reason why I switched to a new thermal paste. I have to set the fans to custom and around 3800 RPM on both the CPU and GPU to maintain temperatures around 80, if i leave it on auto it will go to 90/95 and then stutter and shutdown! Don't understand why predator sense won't increase the fan speed gradually (cool boost is on too)

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • michaelatlam
    Options
    Thanks I will look into it, But undervolting always suggests bad things in my mind, I don't get why I would need to undervolt it when I ahve already throttled the max use of my CPU to 90% using power manager, It seems that predator sense has just given up trying to maintain good levels of tempreture... its almost like it knows the laptop is old now and forcing to get a new one hahahha ***** tech giants... 

tahnks for your help ill leave this open perhaps someone else has different ideas to try
  • michaelatlam
    Options
    Just wanting to leave a comment about this brand in general or perhaos this model:

Its a 3.5k Laptop. I have changed the fans, the batteries, upgraded the ram and also 2 new SSDs, Thermal paste reapplied, Laptop hinge snapped from normal use and docking mode mostly! (repurchased). The laptop still freezes and does random ***** that should be happening, It BSODs, crashes and now reaches temperatures that dont make sense.

synopses well don't spend that much money on a laptop that is my lesson learned, Get a medium specced laptop at 1k and if it blows out after 2 years its not so bad. but 3.5k plus around another 1k on spares - Shame on these companies placing these price tags and provide no real support. 

Wont be going Acer again.... Good Luck!