How to control Acer A514-54G fan manually?

Dipras
Dipras Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 17 in Aspire Laptops
Hello, I have an Acer A514-54G laptop which is always hot because the fan does not work maximum like when updating the BIOS. I can not find the fan control option in the BIOS and I have tried various third party apps but to no avail. Please provide an update of this option because it is really bad while playing the game

Answers

• Dipras
    Dipras Member Posts: 2 New User
    I mean, it's always hot when gaming
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,837 Trailblazer
    Any temperatures below about 90*C is normal for this laptop under heavy gaming load. Max speed won't turn on till temperatures reach between 65-75*C. These limits are automatic and not manually adjustable. This is necessary balance power consumption with temperature for this model

Jack E/NJ

• Seaann
    Seaann Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same problem, no manual fan control. I get an constant FPS drop while playing games much better if there is a manual override of fan speed even third party fan controller doesn't work 
  • JackE
    If you're a heavy game player, the thermal paste between the heat sink and cpu/gpu probably has dried out and cracked. It should be replaced with a quality paste like Kryonaut or Arctic-MX4. Trying to increase fan speed is like trying to apply a band-aid instead of fixing the real problem.

Jack E/NJ

• Charaka_Hashan
    Charaka_Hashan Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited August 2021
    there are so many apps to control fan,(speed fan) and you can control it by changing the BIOS.
    if these are not eligible, you can have repair of your fan or you can have eternal fans for cooling process, there are many gadgets for that!
  • Unkn
    Unkn Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    NO IT REALLY DOES NOT WORK. ACER IS DOWNGRADING PC DAY BY DAY
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Dipras and @Unkn

I agree with @Charaka_Hashan that buying commerical fan control software ( such as Argus Speed Fan) should allow you to control fan speed manually.
  • Unkn
    brother that's not the case, acer actually dropped fan speeds in 1.20 bios. I also own a514-54g and those craps dont even hear us or allow bios revertion
  • Unkn
    You can't create a power plan in this laptop, you cant control fans in this laptop, basically this laptop is like zero-hardware laptop
  • JackE

Open Control Panel. Search 'power plan'. Click 'choose a power plan' in left pane. Please post screenshot of result if possible.

Jack E/NJ

• Unkn
    i have all plans to use and ik how to get 'em back but here u go
  • JackE
    >>>ik how to get 'em back but here u go>>>

If you know how to get them back, then show me your custom performance plans. I don't see any. If you don't have any performance plans that you named, did you at least try to change the advanced section of your balanced plan to high performance?

Jack E/NJ

• Unkn
    all plans perform same, i change via nitrosense
  • Weouter
    Weouter Member Posts: 1 New User

And here we are, still trying to not burn ourself 3 years later…

This discussion has been closed.