Already set supervisor password and Secure boot is already disabled

Boot mode is grayed out

Acer A315-34-C6ZS

//Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    It's not possible , the laptop doesn't support legacy boot, and unless the distro is on kernel 2.6 it shouldn't need it :D 

Is it not booting at all, or is there another issue?

Answers

• Leostat
    Answer ✓
    It's not possible , the laptop doesn't support legacy boot, and unless the distro is on kernel 2.6 it shouldn't need it :D 

Is it not booting at all, or is there another issue?
  • LucasBS
    LucasBS Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited June 2021
    You have got to be kidding me !?

No words to describe such a stupid engineering design !

I carry Windows DVD and all my stuff on the same USB HD for a DECADE. Plug and play !

Now I have to walk with that AND a ***** thumb drive when I want to install this thing

Dont even have another PC laying around to play Rufus on !

Some engineers deserve to dy**edited by me**e

Thank you
    Regardless of the bad unacceptable news
  • Leostat
    The hardware wouldn't support legacy boot!  Is the external thing windows 7 or something? It should still be able to boot off external sources as long as they support UEFI boot 🤔
  • LucasBS
    LucasBS Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited June 2021
    The "externar thing" would be windows, yes.
    I know about the UEFI support. And it's UNACCEPTABLE that I need it. Breaks all my organization, as above, and I don't have the means laying around. And I need it RIGHT NOW. I promised my client to install windows in under 5 hours

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,365 Trailblazer
    Then install Windows in UEFI mode. That's been the default since Windows 8 and available since Windows 7 sp1. No computers based on the newer chipsets support Legacy boot with the old MBR drives and 2TB partition limits.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.