Helios 300 (PH315-52) - Terrible Wifi + Bluetooth interference?

Options
FuW
FuW Member Posts: 4 New User
First of all, I do realize that bluetooth & 2.4 GHz wifi networks interference is a thing - but I have never experienced anything remotely like this in any other device.

The super slow wifi speeds on my new Helios 300 were driving me insane.

After testing:
  • multiple devices
  • different wifi networks
  • switching wifi channels on my router (1, 6, 11, etc)
  • reinstalling bluetooth and wifi adapter drivers on my laptop
  • changing just about every setting on the wireless network adapter

I found out that TURNING OFF bluetooth instantly improved my wifi speeds and browsing experience.

The following speedtests were performed in sequence - the only difference is that I turned on bluetooth and connected to my Google Home speaker for the second test:

Bluetooth off:

Bluetooth on, connected to bluetooth speaker:

I can consistently replicate these Speedtest results by toggling bluetooth on/off.

It does not seem to be specific to any bluetooth device - I see similar figures with the Google Home Speaker, with multiple BT headphones, and even my MX Master mouse slows down my wifi lmao
Currently it seems like I have to choose between fast wifi and using my bluetooth devices, which is ridiculous for a mid-range gaming laptop..

Any thoughts or potential solutions are welcome, thanks in advance.

Answers

• FuW
    Options
    Anyone?

For reference: I did the exact same tests on an older Acer Aspire laptop, and the difference in speeds was much lower than in the Predator.

• FuW
    Options
    Just tested the speeds with my Dell work laptop:
    without bluetooth: 35 down / 10 up
    with bluetooth and music playing: 30 down / 10 up

So this really seems like this is specific to the Predator..

I reinstalled all the drivers last night, directly from Intel's website, but the problem remains.

The wireless adapter is a Killer AC 1550i. I also opened a support ticket with Intel to see if they can figure out what's going on..

This is incredibly annoying.. any experts wanna chime in please?

• Fluxuate
    Fluxuate Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Options
    interesting, didn't know Bluetooth could do such a problem
  • FuW
    Options
    Killer's support told me to open a ticket with Intel support, and Intel's support is telling me to contact Acer support. Great!

I don't even know what this snippet is supposed to mean:
    Intel recently got this product, therefore we are not providing support for it. 
    The computer manufacturer is the one who is providing the support.