Auto shuts down for a year, sent to service centre for 5 times (waiting for delivery for the 6th)

KarmenChan
KarmenChan Member Posts: 1 New User
It’s with great disappointment I’ve reverted to writing this long long post.

With strong confidence, I’ve purchased an Acer Aspire 3 on 26th June 2020 to cope with my online teaching. A good deal indeed and I’ve been promised with its quality. Little did I know, the webcam couldn’t even support breakout rooms via Zoom and my laptop started shutting down automatically without notice. I had to make sure my AC is on to avoid it from shutting down.

1st service: 17th August 2020 (Case ID: 3491583Y)
With the problems stated above, I couldn’t carry out my work effectively. I called up the customer service and I was told to send my laptop to the nearest service centre, which is Lowyatt. Being placed in a new village to teach, I had to drive all the way there (1 hour) to drop off my laptop for troubleshoot and go on almost a week without my laptop. They replaced my webcam and told me they couldn’t find any problem with my laptop.

Gave it another chance to try it out. Webcam still had the same problem and laptop still shuts down automatically. No inter district travelling was allowed so I had to live with what I could.

2nd service: 21st December 2020 (3593411Y)
Finally, I could travel! Went back to Ipoh and sent to the service centre again. They changed my webcam again.

3rd service: 5th January 2021 (3601233Y)
Still auto shuts down, webcam still can’t work properly. Sent it in again and this time round, they changed the mother board and reduced the webcam flickers to 50Ghz.
Thank God the webcam finally works! But the laptop still auto shuts down.

4th service: 29th March 2021 (3654734Y)
After much discussion with the service centre, they think it may be a the adapter’s problem. So, they changed my adapter.
Clearly it’s not, cos it still shuts down automatically.

5th service: 15th April 2021 (3665193Y)
I was told to write in to the customer support and they arranged for a pick up service from my school. And I went without a laptop again, for the 5th time.
This time round, my laptop was sent to HQ and they changed the mother board AGAIN.

6th service: Pending (3692995Y)
Obviously the second mother board didn’t work out. It still auto shuts down. Wrote in to the customer support again and they’re arranging for a pick up again. Due to FMCO, I’m still waiting for the pick up.

With all due respect,
How many times do you want me to send in my laptop for servicing and troubleshooting? I bought a NEW laptop to work and not to send in for servicing. It’s just my first year after purchasing the laptop and there are already 6 case IDs. Shouldn’t you do something about it? I’ve asked for a new replacement (obviously you don’t care about it!) and all you could tell me is send in for diagnosis first. If you want me to send in my laptop like this every other month, why should we consumers buy your product?
Oh! And not forgetting that every time you changed my motherboard, my Microsoft Office becomes unlicensed and it’s as though I paid to use an unlicensed version.
With all these issues unresolved after so many attempts, the only FAIR solution is you replace A NEW LAPTOP ASAP as I need to carry out my online classes again on 14th June.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Sorry. You have posted to a forum for ACER users just like yourself. We try to help one another on technical matters. We are neither ACER employees nor ACER customer service representatives.

Jack E/NJ