Battery issues aspire e14 e5-476G

issykun
issykun Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited June 2021 in Aspire Laptops
acer aspire e14 e5-476G the battery starts to disconnecting and reconnecting while playing games only the laptop charger .

whats the issues ? cable issues or motherboard or need to chnage battery ?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    This is because the battery sometimes must help the charger meet the high power demands of heavy gaming loads. At those times, the battery does not charge and is actually being drained to help the charger supply extra power. When the gaming load decreases, the battery starts charging again. This is normal. So for maximum game playing time the battery must be near 100% charged and charger plugged in BEFORE you start heavy gaming loads.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi issykun,

Unit is not a gamming one. So it may happens in few cases when games are overloaded. FPS also one of the reason for this. While playing games do as JackE said the battery must be near 100% charged.
  • issykun
    issykun Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    This is because the battery sometimes must help the charger meet the high power demands of heavy gaming loads. At those times, the battery does not charge and is actually being drained to help the charger supply extra power. When the gaming load decreases, the battery starts charging again. This is normal. So for maximum game playing time the battery must be near 100% charged and charger plugged in BEFORE you start heavy gaming loads.

thx for helping  and explain . first time i buy laptop i never had these issues before i had been doing these for 2 years + now . but now suddenly having issues . It is because of the charger ?  I always use charge and use the laptop while playing games because these laptop have good specs but battery very poor 2000++ mAh only . does these laptop can upgrade higher battery mAh ? does i need change charger?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    The new games are becoming much more power demanding than before. Furthermore, your battery has lost nearly 40% of it's original design capacity so a new battery would help. A bigger battery won't fit inside. The biggest ACER charger for this model is 65watts because as @Easwar noted your model is not considered a gaming laptop which have bigger batteries, higher power chargers, and tend to run much hotter with bigger fans and cooling tubes. You can probably find a 90watt charger but then you risk overheating the CPU & GPU.

Jack E/NJ