Aspire A115-31 Charging Problem

MASONNET
MASONNET Member Posts: 1 New User
So, my acer aspire a115-31 isnt charging when i plug the (1st party) cable in, and i am scared.
How can i sovle this?
Also, this has been going on since yesterday night (june 1)

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    edited June 2021
    MASONNET said:
    So, my acer aspire a115-31 isnt charging when i plug the (1st party) cable in, and i am scared.
    How can i sovle this?
    Also, this has been going on since yesterday night (june 1)

Btw and before you start note, that if you have pugged a good working charger in and there is no light when the charger is plugged in and the you know that the battery is 100% and ok and working then it could be an internal MOSFET chip problem that needs to be changed and/or disconnected by an experienced technician. 

Check your charger if its working properly and charging and/or its plug is making contact with the laptops side plug and if the plug is not faulty or the laptops side plug is not faulty, worn out and is making contact also? Also check the internal battery if its in good order and it hasn't swollen and/or its plug is connected to the motherboard? Unplugged the battery reconnect it and see if the laptop turns on, if not then there is a possibility that its the above problem that I've mentioned and/or other and more complex power internal problems that have to be diagnosed and fixed by either an Acer service technician or take it to local and experienced technician that has all the tools. Good luck and hope this helps.

Also try these steps:

Computer Shuts Down

Intermittently If the system powers off at intervals, perform the following.
    1. Press “R+Power Button” 6 seconds, when Keyboard Backlight on, release keys
    2. Makes sure the power cable is properly connected to the computer and the electrical outlet
    3. Remove all extension cables between the computer and the outlet.
    4. Remove all surge protectors between the computer and the electrical outlet. Plug the computer directly into a known serviceable electrical outlet.
    5. Disconnect the power and open the casing to check the Thermal Unit (refer to Thermal Unit Failure) and fan airways are free of obstructions.
    6. Remove all external and non-essential hardware connected to the computer that are not necessary to boot the computer to the failure point.
    7. Remove any recently installed software. 

Aspire A115-31 charger and battery OEM parts

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi MASONNET,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.