My laptop not turning on.. its new.... nitro 5

Options
Mostafaeldeeb
Mostafaeldeeb Member Posts: 31 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
I've bought my laptop 1 week ago... Im trying to run it now but notging happens.. the screen turn gray and then it just close.. ( fans are not running and there is no sound coming out from the laptop...just the screen turn gray and then the laptop stop..)
Im sure that the laptop is full charched and i left it in the charger for like 30 min! Help
Sorry about my english

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    If it's within the week take it back to the store, that's the easiest way I'm afraid :( it looks like it will need sending in for rma but as it's so soon you may be able to do it through the store, you could try pressing the battery reset in the bottom (if it doesn't have a button it's 30 seconds holding the power button) but I doubt that will play 

As you are not even getting UEFI to display it's something really wrong!
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Mostafaeldeeb,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.
  • nuarnot
    nuarnot Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I has the same issue as you unfortunately. But mine is not turning on at all and there’s no light indicator for battery or charging when the charger port is connected. 

I’ve bought Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-45-R4K8) from an Acer official online store. It just arrived yesterday and I gotta say I am super disappointed over this issue. It seems like Acer doesn’t do a thorough qc check before sending it out to customer. 

I’ve done all the plugging and unplugging and even changed the charger cable from a different laptop but still, nothing is fix. If there is really a fix I really want to try. 

But Acer customer service from that online store only told me to go their centre. Already read all the reviews of the centre’s  services and most of it are negative. I don’t want to be charges RM60 ($15) only to be tell to buy a new laptop.

sighhhhhh
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @nuarnot,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/MY/content/highpoint-service-network