No bootable device found after fresh windows 10 installation - aspire E-15 576-G

Themiya
Themiya Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi guys I need help,
I have acer aspire E-15 576-G laptop. It is came with 16GB intel optain memory.
I try to install windows 10 with bios RST witj optain sata mode and uief. Legecy is not support for my system. So I create bootable usb drive and delete all partition in the hard drive and load intel rst drivers and install windows 10 correctly. But after I install the windows it's first restart appear no boot device found. How to fix this. And I try again but same thing happen. I need help to fix this. Thank you.

//Edited the content to add model name.

Best Answer

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,734 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Themiya
    Same happened to me last year with my a515-54G originally configured as RST-Optane SATA mode UEFI, that I changed to AHCI on recommendation as I don't have Optane or SSD. Apparently Bios flipped back to factory settings after installing Windows and also "No bootable device found". I took out my HDD and downloaded all data to another PC using an external USB case, then reformatted the external HDD and reinstalled it in the laptop. Then turned in the laptop to Acer service who reinstalled everything free of charge, I never touched the Sata mode (UEFI) again and have been running it for over 1 year without any issues (on Windows10 21H1 latest build now). Hope this helps

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,734 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Themiya
    Same happened to me last year with my a515-54G originally configured as RST-Optane SATA mode UEFI, that I changed to AHCI on recommendation as I don't have Optane or SSD. Apparently Bios flipped back to factory settings after installing Windows and also "No bootable device found". I took out my HDD and downloaded all data to another PC using an external USB case, then reformatted the external HDD and reinstalled it in the laptop. Then turned in the laptop to Acer service who reinstalled everything free of charge, I never touched the Sata mode (UEFI) again and have been running it for over 1 year without any issues (on Windows10 21H1 latest build now). Hope this helps
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Themiya,

In the BIOS page check for the HDD is showing or not.