How to contact Acer re missing desktop Setup Poster ;

Thrip
Thrip Member Posts: 68 Devotee WiFi Icon
The "Setup Guide" or (Setup Poster) was missing when I opened up the box of my new Aspire Desktop. I couldn't find anything of the kind anywhere, even though it is cited as the proper first step on Page #4 of the "Acer Desktop Computer User's Manual". I then took the problem to the Acer Community blog -and found out that this is a large folder or poster that usually comes in the box with the PC. -No one seems to be able to provide an Acer Support or Info email address but I was directed to the link for Acer's live chat-line to pursue this setup guide further......

The Acer live Chat-Line came up empty, it doesn't seem that the chat-line agents have the resources to determine regarding this 
"Setup Guide" or (Setup Poster), that's suppose to come with Acer Desktops.
I spent most of the time arguing with the chat agent about his misunderstanding that this, "Setup Guide" or (Setup Poster) was the very same as the, "Acer Desktop Computer User's Manual" -I just couldn't get through to him that this Setup Guide was real & does exist and something quite apart from the Users manual. I had to copy & paste page #4. of the, "Acer Desktop Computer User's Manual" -where it directs you to the missing Setup Guide/Poster on page #4. into the live chat-line conversation -and then I still had to tell him that an Acer Community Team member knew about this "large(ish)" setup poster/folder that is supposed to be found in the computer's box -and had told me that it definitely could not be gotten online etc. -to convince him that these were two different guides. He was mystified......... 

As the Acer live chat-line came up empty, -it would seem that I will need to contact Acer directly -but how ???

-Surely someone out there has received a "Setup Guide" or (Setup Poster) in there computer box when they brought home their Acer Desktop ? 

The "Acer Desktop Computer User's Manual" has been created for all of the Acer Desktops and therefore so would the "Setup Guide" or "(Setup Poster)" be [-that is mentioned in the User's Manual on page #4] -for all of the Acer Desktops. 

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You can use any USB ports for the mouse and keyboard, though traditionally they are placed in the two ports that are under the Ethernet port. On many machines those ports were USB 2.0, which is slower than the USB 3.0 ports. Since the keyboard and mouse send very, very little data through the port, the port speed isn't an issue with them. Those two ports are black instead of blue like USB 3.0 or red like USB 3.1 ports.
    As I said on one of your other threads, I don't believe the Aspire TC-895 models come with a setup poster. Most of the machines that did have one had it because of the two PS/2 ports for keyboard and mouse. Since the ports looked the same (except the color around them) many people would get the keyboard and mouse swapped. PS/2 ports kind of went away once USB ports became prevalent, 10-15 years ago.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Yeah, the USB committee got us all confused when they changed the numbering system. USB 3.0 changed to USB 3.2 gen 1, USB 3.1 changed to USB 3.2 gen 2. The key there is the colors haven't changed. Blue is USB 3.0/3.2 gen 1 and red is USB 3.1/3.2 gen 2.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Thrip
    Answer ✓
    -And here is the last of the missing Acer Desktop "Setup Guide or (Setup Poster)" -that they also call a "startup guide",
    -as I said it wasn't what I expected, albeit still it's of some usefulness.

User quick reference manual ( -or "Startup Guide" ) -continued ;

• The power cord or plug is damaged, cut or frayed. 

• Liquid was spilled into the product. • The product was exposed to rain or water. 

• The product has been dropped or the case has been damaged. 

• The product exhibits a distinct change in performance, indicating a need for service. 

• The product does not operate normally after following the operating instructions. 

Note: Adjust only those controls that are covered by the operating instructions, since improper adjustment of other controls may result in damage and will often require extensive work by a qualified technician to restore the product to normal condition. 

3 CAUTION: Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced. 

Replace only with the same or equivalent type recommended by the manufacturer. Dispose of used batteries according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Additional safety information Your device and its enhancements may contain small parts. Keep them out of the reach of small children. Disposal instructions Do not throw this electronic device into the trash when discarding. To minimize pollution and ensure utmost protection of the global environment, please recycle. For more information on the Waste from Electrical and Electronics Equipment (WEEE) regulations, visit www.acer-group.com/public/Sustainability/index.htm ENERGY STAR Acer's ENERGY STAR qualified products save your money by reducing energy cost and protecting the environment without sacrificing features or performance. Acer is proud to offer our customers products with the ENERGY STAR mark. What is ENERGY STAR? Products that are ENERGY STAR qualified use less energy and prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Acer is committed to offer products and services worldwide that help customers save money, conserve energy and improve the quality of our environment. The more energy we can save through higher energy efficiency, the more we reduce greenhouse gases and the risks of climate change. More information refers to http://www.energystar.gov. Note: The statement above is applicable only to Acer system with an ENERGY STAR sticker. Acer ENERGY STAR qualified products: 

• Produce less heat and reduce cooling loads, and warmer climates. 

• The display is configured to go into sleep mode after less than 10 minutes of user inactivity. The computer is configured to go into sleep mode after less than 30 minutes of user inactivity. 

• Wake the computer from sleep mode by pushing keyboard or moving mouse. • Computers will save more than 80% energy at "sleep" mode. ENERGY STAR and the ENERGY STAR mark are registered U.S. marks 4 Tips and information for comfortable use Computer users may complain of eyestrain and headaches after prolonged use. Users are also at risk of physical injury after long hours of working in front of a computer. Long work periods, bad posture, poor work habits, stress, inadequate working conditions, personal health and other factors greatly increase the risk of physical injury. Incorrect computer usage may lead to carpal tunnel syndrome, tendonitis, tenosynovitis or other musculoskeletal disorders. The following symptoms may appear in the hands, wrists, arms, shoulders, neck or back: 
    • Numbness, or a burning or tingling sensation. 

• Aching, soreness or tenderness. 

• Pain, swelling or throbbing. 

• Stiffness or tightness. 

• Coldness or weakness. If you have these symptoms, or any other recurring or persistent discomfort and/or pain related to computer use, consult a physician immediately and inform your company's health and safety department. 

The following section provides tips for more comfortable computer use. Finding your comfort zone Find your comfort zone by adjusting the viewing angle of the monitor, using a footrest, or raising your sitting height to achieve maximum comfort. Observe the following tips: 

• Refrain from staying too long in one fixed posture. 

• Avoid slouching forward and/or leaning backward.

• Stand up and walk around regularly to remove the strain on your leg muscles. 

• Take short rests to relax your neck and shoulders. 

• Avoid tensing your muscles or shrugging your shoulders. 

• Install the external display, keyboard and mouse properly and within comfortable reach. • If you view your monitor more than your documents, place the display at the center of your desk to minimize neck strain. Taking care of your vision Long viewing hours, wearing incorrect glasses or contact lenses, glare, excessive room lighting, poorly focused screens, very small typefaces and low-contrast displays could stress your eyes. The following sections provide suggestions on how to reduce eyestrain. Eyes • Rest your eyes frequently. 

• Give your eyes regular breaks by looking away from the monitor and focusing on a distant point. • Blink frequently to keep your eyes from drying out. Display • Keep your display clean.

• Keep your head at a higher level than the top edge of the display so your eyes point downward when looking at the middle of the display. • Adjust the display brightness and/or contrast to a comfortable level for enhanced text readability and graphics clarity. 5 • Eliminate glare and reflections by: • Placing your display in such a way that the side faces the window or any light source.

• Minimizing room light by using drapes, shades or blinds. • Using a task light. 

• Changing the display's viewing angle. • Using a glare-reduction filter. • Using a display visor, such as a piece of cardboard extended from the display's top front edge. • Avoid adjusting your display to an awkward viewing angle. • Avoid looking at bright light sources, such as open windows, for extended periods of time. Developing good work habits Develop the following work habits to make your computer use more relaxing and productive: 

• Take short breaks regularly and often. • Perform some stretching exercises. • Breathe fresh air as often as possible. • Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy body. Warning! We do not recommend using the computer on a couch or bed. If this is unavoidable, work for only short periods, take breaks regularly, and do some stretching exercises. 6 Regulations and safety notices FCC notice This device has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This device generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this device does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the device off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures: • Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna. • Increase the separation between the device and receiver. • Connect the device into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected. • Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/television technician for help. Notice: Shielded cables All connections to other computing devices must be made using shielded cables to maintain compliance with FCC regulations. In compliance with FCC regulations, use shielded cables to connect to other computing devices. A dual-link cable is recommended for DVI output. Notice: Peripheral devices Only peripherals (input/output devices, terminals, printers, etc.) certified to comply with the Class B limits may be attached to this equipment. Operation with non-certified peripherals is likely to result in interference to radio and TV reception. Caution Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the manufacturer could void the user's authority, which is granted by the Federal Communications Commission, to operate this computer. Operation conditions This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. Notice: Canadian users This device complies with RSS247 of Industry Canada. Cet appareil se conforme à RSS247 de Canada d'Industrie. This device complies with Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device. CAN ICES-3(B)/NMB-3(B) 7 Remarque à l'intention des utilisateurs canadiens Cet appareil numérique de la classe B est conforme a la norme NMB-003 du Canada. Notice for European Union List of applicable countries This product must be used in strict accordance with the regulations and constraints in the country of use. For further information, contact the local office in the country of use. Please see https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/countries_en for the latest country list. This equipment complies with the essential requirements of the European Union directive 2014/53/EU. See Statements of European Union Compliance, and more details refer to the attached Declaration of Conformity. Notice for Australia For safety reasons, only connect headsets with a telecommunications compliance label. This includes customer equipment previously labelled permitted or certified. Notice for New Zealand 

1 The grant of a Telepermit for any item of terminal equipment indicates only that Telecom has accepted that the item complies with minimum conditions for connection to its network. It indicates no endorsement of the product by Telecom, nor does it provide any sort of warranty. Above all, it provides no assurance that any item will work correctly in all respects with another item of Telepermitted equipment of a different make or model, nor does it imply that any product is compatible with all of Telecom's network services. 

2 This equipment is not capable, under all operating conditions, of correct operation at the higher speeds for which it is designed. Telecom will accept no responsibility should difficulties arise in such circumstances. 3 Some parameters required for compliance with Telecom's Telepermit requirements are dependent on the equipment (PC) associated with this device. The associated equipment shall be set to operate within the following limits for compliance with Telecom's Specifications: a There shall be no more than 10 call attempts to the same number within any 30 minute period for any single manual call initiation, and b The equipment shall go on-hook for a period of not less than 30 seconds between the end of one attempt and the beginning of the next call attempt. 4 Some parameters required for compliance with Telecom's Telepermit requirements are dependent on the equipment (PC) associated with this device. In order to operate within the limits for compliance with Telecom's specifications, the associated equipment shall be set to ensure that automatic calls to different numbers are spaced such that there is not less than 5 seconds between the end of one call attempt and the beginning of another. 5 This equipment shall not be set up to make automatic calls to Telecom's 111 Emergency Service. 6 This device is equipped with pulse dialing while the Telecom standard is DTMF tone dialing. There is no guarantee that Telecom lines will always continue to support pulse dialing. 8 7 Use of pulse dialing, when this equipment is connected to the same line as other equipment, may give rise to bell tinkle or noise and may also cause a false answer condition. Should such problems occur, the user should NOT contact the telecom Fault Service. 8 This equipment may not provide for the effective hand-over of a call to another device connected to the same line. 9 Under power failure conditions this appliance may not operate. 

Please ensure that a separate telephone, not dependent on local power, is available for emergency use. Japan 5 GHz 帯は室内でのみ使用のこと Korea 당해 무선설비는 운용 중 전파혼신 가능성이 있음 Compliant with Russian / Ukraine regulatory certification Laser compliance statement 

The CD or DVD drive used with this computer is a laser product. 

The CD or DVD drive's classification label (shown below) is located on the drive. CLASS 1 LASER PRODUCT CAUTION: INVISIBLE LASER RADIATION WHEN OPEN. AVOID EXPOSURE TO BEAM. Digital audio output statement The optical connector contains no laser or light emitting diode (LED) more than Class I.  

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Use Youtube as you ain't going to find a poster in your box. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnM3u99xIf4

This Youtube is similar to your model # and shows thye unpacking.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q18KvKpxdI&t=122s

• Thrip
    Thank you for these Youtube instructionals. I shall look through them carefully -and try to get back with the results should I need to do the setup without it's setup guide.
    -I have contacted the store manager where I bought the Desktop, -there's a chance that he may have one of these setup guides (setup posters) in his store or warehouse -they've sold many a Acer Desktop in the past while.
  • Thrip
    I've seen the two Youtube shows, "Computer Basics: Setting Up a Desktop Computer" & "Acer Aspire TC-895-UA91 Desktop Unboxing and Tear down i3-10100"
    They were both very interesting, the first one seems to be more helpful to me at this beginning point.

However they both lacked the sort of specific details that I was looking for......

[-keeping in mind that I've connected things, (Desktop & Monitor) basically the same as, "Computer Basics: Setting Up a Desktop Computer" on Youtube-]

-Certain specific things, -For example, The question of what would be the ideal USB Ports to connect my mouse & keyboard to ?

Right at the moment I have the mouse and the keyboard connected into the two USB 0.02 ports that are on the Desktop.

( The Aspire TC-895-EB11 has two USB 0.02 Ports and four USB 0.03 Ports on the back -and one USB 0.03 on the front. )  

Would this be the best mouse & keyboard hookup ?

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    You can use any USB ports for the mouse and keyboard, though traditionally they are placed in the two ports that are under the Ethernet port. On many machines those ports were USB 2.0, which is slower than the USB 3.0 ports. Since the keyboard and mouse send very, very little data through the port, the port speed isn't an issue with them. Those two ports are black instead of blue like USB 3.0 or red like USB 3.1 ports.
    As I said on one of your other threads, I don't believe the Aspire TC-895 models come with a setup poster. Most of the machines that did have one had it because of the two PS/2 ports for keyboard and mouse. Since the ports looked the same (except the color around them) many people would get the keyboard and mouse swapped. PS/2 ports kind of went away once USB ports became prevalent, 10-15 years ago.
  • Thrip
    billsey said:
    You can use any USB ports for the mouse and keyboard, though traditionally they are placed in the two ports that are under the Ethernet port.
    On many machines those ports were USB 2.0, which is slower than the USB 3.0 ports.
    Since the keyboard and mouse send very, very little data through the port, the port speed isn't an issue with them.
    Those two ports are black instead of blue like USB 3.0 or red like USB 3.1 ports.

Thank you very much for your info billsey.
    -The two USB 2.0 ports are both beside the Ethernet Port on the Aspire TC-895-EB11 model.
    From what you say I now feel confident of my USB 2.0 Port choice for the mouse & keyboards.
    -These two USB 2.0 ports are indeed black, -but the four blue ones in the back & one in the front are "USB 3.2 Generation 1 ports"

Re user's manual, "Two USB standards are currently available on Acer computers:
    USB 2.0 (High-speed USB) and USB 3.2 Gen 1 (SuperSpeed USB). USB 2.0 ports on Acer computers have a black tongue in the port, while USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports have a blue tongue
    For best performance, USB 3.2 Gen 1 devices should always be plugged into USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports. Consult your device’s documentation to see which standard it supports."

So this brings me to another specific question;
    I have this 2TB Western Digital My Passport Ultra portable/exterior Hard Drive that contains audio files that I wish to put into the Desktop, I know that it is already formatted to 32FAT, but on the box it says under, "COMPATIBILITY" ;
    "COMPATIBILITY ;
    * Formatted NTFS for Windows 8 or higher, Windows 7 or Windows Vista operating systems
    * Requires reformatting for Mac OSX
    Compatibility may vary depending on user's hardware configuration and operating system"

-And elsewhere on the box it says re "compatibility -Windows 8 -and USB 2.0 and USB 3.0      -??????
    -This is not
    "USB 3.2".
    Do you think that I will have any trouble with this old exterior HD ?

-The audio that is in this exterior HD was only put in through a USB 2.0 port anyway..........

As well, I really feel that I need to ask, which of the USB 3.2 Generation 1 ports should I plug it into -one of the four in the back -or the one on the front ?

Thanks
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    It makes no difference, that's just a marketing thing like you see on washing machine adverts 'for best results use X" 

USB is fully backwards compatible so you can plug your drive into the port and it will be fine :) the only ones it may not work in are the usb2 ones. When the USB standard was made , making thing 'plug and play' was baked in which means you don't really have to worry about things like using a older periferal in the port 

As for front or back, it really just depends which is easy for you, they are the same spec so it makes no difference. Front for things you will be plugging in and out, back for things you are going to leave 

As the drive is fat32 , the biggest file size on the disk is 4GB , bit that's due to the file system not the usb port :) 
  • Thrip
    Leostat said:
    It makes no difference, that's just a marketing thing like you see on washing machine adverts 'for best results use X" 

USB is fully backwards compatible so you can plug your drive into the port and it will be fine :) the only ones it may not work in are the usb2 ones. When the USB standard was made , making thing 'plug and play' was baked in which means you don't really have to worry about things like using a older periferal in the port 

As for front or back, it really just depends which is easy for you, they are the same spec so it makes no difference. Front for things you will be plugging in and out, back for things you are going to leave 

As the drive is fat32 , the biggest file size on the disk is 4GB , bit that's due to the file system not the usb port :) 
    Thank you Leostat for your informative answer,

I gather then, that any of my older USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 peripherals will make it with the USB 3.2 Generation 1 ports that I have with the Aspire TC-895-EB11.
    (The front USB 3.2 Generation 1 port is for convenience -for things you will be plugging in and out.) 
    -And the (USB 2.0 and USB 3.0) 2TB Western Digital My Passport Ultra peripheral Hard Drive also aught to work OK.....

Well that answers my questions that I had for now, thank you.

I shall now delve in and see how it goes,....-I shall get back with the nature of the results, -time to bootup ! 
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Awsome news :) Let us know how it goes, and if you run into any issues at all feel free to "at @" me at any point and will try to lend a hand if able :)
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Yeah, the USB committee got us all confused when they changed the numbering system. USB 3.0 changed to USB 3.2 gen 1, USB 3.1 changed to USB 3.2 gen 2. The key there is the colors haven't changed. Blue is USB 3.0/3.2 gen 1 and red is USB 3.1/3.2 gen 2.
  • Thrip
    Acer eventually sent me an email so as to follow up with the phone/support calls that I made to Acer re the missing "Setup Guide or (Setup Poster)" -that was supposed to be in the box when I purchased a new Aspire Desktop TC-895-EB11.  

I learned that they had < survey replies > & < feedback > email addresses.        

-So I then emailed Acer and managed to articulate the problem to them.....-and here's their reply, (that came with an attachment of the mysterious setup guide), 

"Thank you for your feedback.  We apologize you did not get a set up poster with your Acer desktop computer.  Please find the attached start up guide for your computer.  Regards,  Acer Service Corp." 

-However, this  Acer Desktop startup guide wasn't what I expected.......... -see included copy without illustrations ;

User quick reference manual

( Here there are pictures of the various HDMI, PS2, VGA, power plugs & connectors -that didn't copy & paste )

Information for your safety and comfort 

Safety instructions

ReplyForward
  • Thrip

Here I will try to send more of this "setup or startup guide" -as the Acer Community post-comment online facility will not allow me to send the whole thing at once.....

User quick reference manual  Safety instructions" m-cont.

Read these instructions carefully. Keep this document for future reference. Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product. 

Turning the product off before cleaning 

Unplug this product from the wall outlet before cleaning. Do not use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners. 

Use a damp cloth for cleaning. 

CAUTION for plug as disconnecting device Observe the following guidelines when connecting and disconnecting power to the power supply unit: Install the power supply unit before connecting the power cord to the AC power outlet. Unplug the power cord before removing the power supply unit from the computer. If the system has multiple sources of power, disconnect power from the system by unplugging all power cords from the power supplies. 

CAUTION for accessibility Be sure that the power outlet you plug the power cord into is easily accessible and located as close to the equipment operator as possible. When you need to disconnect power to the equipment, be sure to unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet. 

Warnings 

• Do not use this product near water. 

• Do not place this product on an unstable cart, stand or table. If the product falls, it could be seriously damaged. 

• Slots and openings are provided for ventilation to ensure reliable operation of the product and to protect it from overheating. 
    These openings must not be blocked or covered. The openings should never be blocked by placing the product on a bed, sofa, rug or other similar surface. This product should never be placed near or over a radiator or heat register, or in a built-in installation unless proper ventilation is provided. 

• Never push objects of any kind into this product through cabinet slots as they may touch dangerous voltage points or short-out parts that could result in a fire or electric shock. Never spill liquid of any kind onto or into the product. 

• To avoid damage of internal components and to prevent battery leakage, do not place the product on a vibrating surface. • Never use it under sporting, exercising, or any vibrating environment which will probably cause unexpected short current or damage rotor devices, HDD, Optical drive, and even exposure risk from lithium battery pack. 

Safe listening Follow these instructions, suggested by hearing experts,to protect your hearing. • Gradually increase the volume until you can hear it clearly and comfortably and without distortion. • After setting the volume level, do not increase it after your ears adjust. 2 • Limit the amount of time listening to music at high volume. 

• Avoid turning up the volume to block out noisy surroundings. 

• Turn the volume down if you can’t hear people speaking near you. Using electrical power • This product should be operated from the type of power indicated on the marking label. If you are not sure of the type of power available, consult your dealer or local power company. • Do not allow anything to rest on the power cord. Do not locate this product where people will walk on the cord. 

• If an extension cord is used with this product, make sure that the total ampere rating of the equipment plugged into the extension cord does not exceed the extension cord ampere rating. Also, make sure that the total rating of all products plugged into the wall outlet does not exceed the fuse rating. • Do not overload a power outlet, strip or receptacle by plugging in too many devices. The overall system load must not exceed 80% of the branch circuit rating. If power strips are used, the load should not exceed 80% of the power strip's input rating. 

• This product's power supply is equipped with a three-wire grounded plug. The plug only fits in a grounded power outlet. Make sure the power outlet is properly grounded before inserting the power supply plug. Do not insert the plug into a non-grounded power outlet. Contact your electrician for details. Warning! The grounding pin is a safety feature. Using a power outlet that is not properly grounded may result in electric shock and/or injury. Note: The grounding pin also provides good protection from unexpected noise produced by other nearby electrical devices that may interfere with the performance of this product. 

• Use the product only with the supplied power supply cord set. If you need to replace the power cord set, make sure that the new power cord meets the following requirements: detachable type, UL listed/CSA certified, VDE approved or its equivalent, 4.5 meters (15 feet) maximum length. Product servicing Do not attempt to service this product yourself, as opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous voltage points or other risks. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Unplug this product from the wall outlet and refer servicing to qualified service personnel when: 

ReplyForward
  • Thrip
    Answer ✓
    -And here is the last of the missing Acer Desktop "Setup Guide or (Setup Poster)" -that they also call a "startup guide",
    -as I said it wasn't what I expected, albeit still it's of some usefulness.

User quick reference manual ( -or "Startup Guide" ) -continued ;

• The power cord or plug is damaged, cut or frayed. 

• Liquid was spilled into the product. • The product was exposed to rain or water. 

• The product has been dropped or the case has been damaged. 

• The product exhibits a distinct change in performance, indicating a need for service. 

• The product does not operate normally after following the operating instructions. 

Note: Adjust only those controls that are covered by the operating instructions, since improper adjustment of other controls may result in damage and will often require extensive work by a qualified technician to restore the product to normal condition. 

3 CAUTION: Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced. 

Replace only with the same or equivalent type recommended by the manufacturer. Dispose of used batteries according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Additional safety information Your device and its enhancements may contain small parts. Keep them out of the reach of small children. Disposal instructions Do not throw this electronic device into the trash when discarding. To minimize pollution and ensure utmost protection of the global environment, please recycle. For more information on the Waste from Electrical and Electronics Equipment (WEEE) regulations, visit www.acer-group.com/public/Sustainability/index.htm ENERGY STAR Acer's ENERGY STAR qualified products save your money by reducing energy cost and protecting the environment without sacrificing features or performance. Acer is proud to offer our customers products with the ENERGY STAR mark. What is ENERGY STAR? Products that are ENERGY STAR qualified use less energy and prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Acer is committed to offer products and services worldwide that help customers save money, conserve energy and improve the quality of our environment. The more energy we can save through higher energy efficiency, the more we reduce greenhouse gases and the risks of climate change. More information refers to http://www.energystar.gov. Note: The statement above is applicable only to Acer system with an ENERGY STAR sticker. Acer ENERGY STAR qualified products: 

• Produce less heat and reduce cooling loads, and warmer climates. 

• The display is configured to go into sleep mode after less than 10 minutes of user inactivity. The computer is configured to go into sleep mode after less than 30 minutes of user inactivity. 

• Wake the computer from sleep mode by pushing keyboard or moving mouse. • Computers will save more than 80% energy at "sleep" mode. ENERGY STAR and the ENERGY STAR mark are registered U.S. marks 4 Tips and information for comfortable use Computer users may complain of eyestrain and headaches after prolonged use. Users are also at risk of physical injury after long hours of working in front of a computer. Long work periods, bad posture, poor work habits, stress, inadequate working conditions, personal health and other factors greatly increase the risk of physical injury. Incorrect computer usage may lead to carpal tunnel syndrome, tendonitis, tenosynovitis or other musculoskeletal disorders. The following symptoms may appear in the hands, wrists, arms, shoulders, neck or back: 
    • Numbness, or a burning or tingling sensation. 

• Aching, soreness or tenderness. 

• Pain, swelling or throbbing. 

• Stiffness or tightness. 

• Coldness or weakness. If you have these symptoms, or any other recurring or persistent discomfort and/or pain related to computer use, consult a physician immediately and inform your company's health and safety department. 

The following section provides tips for more comfortable computer use. Finding your comfort zone Find your comfort zone by adjusting the viewing angle of the monitor, using a footrest, or raising your sitting height to achieve maximum comfort. Observe the following tips: 

• Refrain from staying too long in one fixed posture. 

• Avoid slouching forward and/or leaning backward.

• Stand up and walk around regularly to remove the strain on your leg muscles. 

• Take short rests to relax your neck and shoulders. 

• Avoid tensing your muscles or shrugging your shoulders. 

• Install the external display, keyboard and mouse properly and within comfortable reach. • If you view your monitor more than your documents, place the display at the center of your desk to minimize neck strain. Taking care of your vision Long viewing hours, wearing incorrect glasses or contact lenses, glare, excessive room lighting, poorly focused screens, very small typefaces and low-contrast displays could stress your eyes. The following sections provide suggestions on how to reduce eyestrain. Eyes • Rest your eyes frequently. 

• Give your eyes regular breaks by looking away from the monitor and focusing on a distant point. • Blink frequently to keep your eyes from drying out. Display • Keep your display clean.

• Keep your head at a higher level than the top edge of the display so your eyes point downward when looking at the middle of the display. • Adjust the display brightness and/or contrast to a comfortable level for enhanced text readability and graphics clarity. 5 • Eliminate glare and reflections by: • Placing your display in such a way that the side faces the window or any light source.

• Minimizing room light by using drapes, shades or blinds. • Using a task light. 

• Changing the display's viewing angle. • Using a glare-reduction filter. • Using a display visor, such as a piece of cardboard extended from the display's top front edge. • Avoid adjusting your display to an awkward viewing angle. • Avoid looking at bright light sources, such as open windows, for extended periods of time. Developing good work habits Develop the following work habits to make your computer use more relaxing and productive: 

• Take short breaks regularly and often. • Perform some stretching exercises. • Breathe fresh air as often as possible. • Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy body. Warning! We do not recommend using the computer on a couch or bed. If this is unavoidable, work for only short periods, take breaks regularly, and do some stretching exercises. 6 Regulations and safety notices FCC notice This device has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This device generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this device does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the device off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures: • Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna. • Increase the separation between the device and receiver. • Connect the device into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected. • Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/television technician for help. Notice: Shielded cables All connections to other computing devices must be made using shielded cables to maintain compliance with FCC regulations. In compliance with FCC regulations, use shielded cables to connect to other computing devices. A dual-link cable is recommended for DVI output. Notice: Peripheral devices Only peripherals (input/output devices, terminals, printers, etc.) certified to comply with the Class B limits may be attached to this equipment. Operation with non-certified peripherals is likely to result in interference to radio and TV reception. Caution Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the manufacturer could void the user's authority, which is granted by the Federal Communications Commission, to operate this computer. Operation conditions This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. Notice: Canadian users This device complies with RSS247 of Industry Canada. Cet appareil se conforme à RSS247 de Canada d'Industrie. This device complies with Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device. CAN ICES-3(B)/NMB-3(B) 7 Remarque à l'intention des utilisateurs canadiens Cet appareil numérique de la classe B est conforme a la norme NMB-003 du Canada. Notice for European Union List of applicable countries This product must be used in strict accordance with the regulations and constraints in the country of use. For further information, contact the local office in the country of use. Please see https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/countries_en for the latest country list. This equipment complies with the essential requirements of the European Union directive 2014/53/EU. See Statements of European Union Compliance, and more details refer to the attached Declaration of Conformity. Notice for Australia For safety reasons, only connect headsets with a telecommunications compliance label. This includes customer equipment previously labelled permitted or certified. Notice for New Zealand 

1 The grant of a Telepermit for any item of terminal equipment indicates only that Telecom has accepted that the item complies with minimum conditions for connection to its network. It indicates no endorsement of the product by Telecom, nor does it provide any sort of warranty. Above all, it provides no assurance that any item will work correctly in all respects with another item of Telepermitted equipment of a different make or model, nor does it imply that any product is compatible with all of Telecom's network services. 

2 This equipment is not capable, under all operating conditions, of correct operation at the higher speeds for which it is designed. Telecom will accept no responsibility should difficulties arise in such circumstances. 3 Some parameters required for compliance with Telecom's Telepermit requirements are dependent on the equipment (PC) associated with this device. The associated equipment shall be set to operate within the following limits for compliance with Telecom's Specifications: a There shall be no more than 10 call attempts to the same number within any 30 minute period for any single manual call initiation, and b The equipment shall go on-hook for a period of not less than 30 seconds between the end of one attempt and the beginning of the next call attempt. 4 Some parameters required for compliance with Telecom's Telepermit requirements are dependent on the equipment (PC) associated with this device. In order to operate within the limits for compliance with Telecom's specifications, the associated equipment shall be set to ensure that automatic calls to different numbers are spaced such that there is not less than 5 seconds between the end of one call attempt and the beginning of another. 5 This equipment shall not be set up to make automatic calls to Telecom's 111 Emergency Service. 6 This device is equipped with pulse dialing while the Telecom standard is DTMF tone dialing. There is no guarantee that Telecom lines will always continue to support pulse dialing. 8 7 Use of pulse dialing, when this equipment is connected to the same line as other equipment, may give rise to bell tinkle or noise and may also cause a false answer condition. Should such problems occur, the user should NOT contact the telecom Fault Service. 8 This equipment may not provide for the effective hand-over of a call to another device connected to the same line. 9 Under power failure conditions this appliance may not operate. 

Please ensure that a separate telephone, not dependent on local power, is available for emergency use. Japan 5 GHz 帯は室内でのみ使用のこと Korea 당해 무선설비는 운용 중 전파혼신 가능성이 있음 Compliant with Russian / Ukraine regulatory certification Laser compliance statement 

The CD or DVD drive used with this computer is a laser product. 

The CD or DVD drive's classification label (shown below) is located on the drive. CLASS 1 LASER PRODUCT CAUTION: INVISIBLE LASER RADIATION WHEN OPEN. AVOID EXPOSURE TO BEAM. Digital audio output statement The optical connector contains no laser or light emitting diode (LED) more than Class I.