speed over lan card - predator helios 300

Options
Bostjan
Bostjan Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited June 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hi guys,
I have problem with lan speed on predator helios 300.Comp have installed killer gigabit card e2500,but problem is that speed on LAN card is only 100/100Mbit.But must be at least 1000/1000Mbit.I tried with new drivers,but any luck with that.Have anyone any answer of that issue,will be very glad.But speed over wi-fi card is max 350Mbit/s.Thanks alot.

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,780 Pathfinder
    Options
    What is your Router/Modem LAN port speed? Make sure that it supports gigabit speed over the LAN port.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Bostjan

Tinkerer

Options

What is your Router/Modem LAN port speed? Make sure that it supports gigabit speed over the LAN port.
    Hi,router/modem port speed is 1Gbit/1Gbit.if i connect the same utp cable to my old Pc,speed goes to 1GBit. and when connect the same cable to acer predator,speed is only 100Mbit/100Mbit.I tried with new killer driver package.No luck at all.I try almost everything,load again new operating system,new drivers,and no luck.called acer support service,and said,let sent him the notebook to him.Pc is old only 5days.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,780 Pathfinder
    Options
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Bostjan

Tinkerer

Options
    AnhEZ28 said:
    Hello; I tried with all settings,but ethernet lan card is steel on 100Mbit.I connected laptop directly with cat6 patch cable to modem,which port have 1Gbit,and speed was only 92Mbps.Also connect old laptop with same cable to the same modem port,and speed was 350Mbs.And on old pc ethernet port shows 1Gbit,on acer predator only 100Mbit.I have no idea what can i do.Better to send pc on service and checked what was wrong.