Laptop screen goes black!!!HELP!! - Acer a515 55G

Afdhal
Afdhal Member Posts: 80 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited June 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have an Acer a515 55G and while I was on the internet the screen went black,with a little light emiting from it,so it wasnt fully dead.This isnt the first time it has happened though,it has occured times before but the it has been a while since it last occured.What could be the reason for it since I doubt it could be an internal hardware issue since their is light emitting through the screen when it goes black.Should I uninstall the display drivers and reinstall them again?Would that work??BTW the screen stays black for about 10 seconds and resumes working again..Thanks..Peace

//Edited the content to add model name.

Best Answer

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi Afdhal,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​

Answers

• amcareem
    amcareem Member Posts: 32

Tinkerer

Afdhal said:
    I have an Acer a515 55G and while I was on the internet the screen went black,with a little light emiting from it,so it wasnt fully dead.This isnt the first time it has happened though,it has occured times before but the it has been a while since it last occured.What could be the reason for it since I doubt it could be an internal hardware issue since their is light emitting through the screen when it goes black.Should I uninstall the display drivers and reinstall them again?Would that work??BTW the screen stays black for about 10 seconds and resumes working again..Thanks..Peace
    Did you check whether your display drivers are there or not in Device manager?
    Did you update your laptop recently?
  • Easwar
    Hi Afdhal,

Try to do power drain,

1. Shutdown the unit.
    2. Unplug the cables connected to the unit.
    3. At bottom of the unit there will be a small tiny pin hole with a battery symbol close to it. Take a pin or a paper clip insert into it you feels like pressing a button hold it for 20-30 seconds. 

• Afdhal
    amcareem said:
    Afdhal said:
    Did you check whether your display drivers are there or not in Device manager?
    Did you update your laptop recently?
    HI...Yes both nvidia and intel display drivers are present.As far as updates are concerned there was a major update in may.It was the latest windows update I believe however that was a week ago and I didnt notice anything till now.Should I delete the intel uhd driver and nvidias sriver and reinstall it from intels website???
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    >>>the screen stays black for about 10 seconds and resumes working>>>

No. May be nothing. Try  Easwar 's  pinhole reset suggestion first if you haven't already.

Jack E/NJ

• Afdhal
    JackE said:

No. May be nothing. Try  Easwar 's  pinhole reset suggestion first if you haven't already.

Reinstalling the driver would do no harm right??

• Afdhal
    JackE said:

Even then there should be some kind of reason for it right?

• Easwar
    Answer ✓
    Hi Afdhal,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​