Acer Aspire 5 A515-56G-79G5 brand new has fan noise too loud

Options
Gibbo2296
Gibbo2296 Member Posts: 6 New User
I recently bought this Acer Aspire 5 A515-56G-79G5 laptop two days ago, but the fan noise is loud: when in idle is hearable, but not too much, but if I open a browser like Opera while rendering the pages fan noise gets a boost. I have the fan noise option set to normal in Quick Access, but still I can't explain why it gets a boost on the fan like that since I wasn't using heavy programs. Any help?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,558 Trailblazer
    Options
    This particular model has two GPUs and fan must cool both so increased noise level is normal. You can try disabling the nvidia GPU to see if noise level is acceptable to you. If not acceptable, I suggest that you immediately return the laptop to the vendor as not meeting your expectations for a refund or exchange for another model. Do this before the vendor's RMA returns policy expires, usually only a few weeks. 

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Gibbo2296,

Try to do power drain,

1. Shutdown the unit.
    2. Unplug the cables connected to the unit.
    3. At bottom of the unit there will be a small tiny pin hole with a battery symbol close to it. Take a pin or a paper clip insert into it you feels like pressing a button hold it for 20-30 seconds. ​