Nvme M2 Slows down as boot drive? - PH 315-53-527E

Options
AnT07
AnT07 Member Posts: 9 New User
edited June 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hi guys, been wondering why my crystalmark for SX8200Pro drastically slows down when i use it as my boot drive. It was all 3k+ out of the box but now it can barely maintain a 2k mark as a drive C. Any ideas?

TIA. 💪

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,116 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    How long have you been using the SSD? It's normal for the speed to deteriorate over a period of time due to increase in usage of space in the drive, could you please post the model of your laptop, like ANxxx-xx. 
  • AnT07
    AnT07 Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options
    just bought the ssd a few days ago then plugged it as an additional drive, the read/write speed was as advertised at first 3k mhz up. Then i cloned my stock ssd (wd sn530) to this drive, made it my boot drive, ran the benchmark and the read/write speed just went down from 3k to barely 2k. I still have my OS at my stock ssd so i made it my boot drive again, ran the benchmark test on my sx8200 pro and my read/write speed went up to 3k again. Switched it back as my boot drive again and read/write speed barely made it to 2k.
    Really thought this sx8200 Pro 1Tb will be faster than my Wd Sn530 256gb as my boot drive but turned out it was slower than my stock ssd.
    I decided to just stick with Wd as my boot drive and just use my sx8200 Pro as an additional drive with read/write speed of around 2k-2.5k, didnt reach its advertised speed now.
    Im using the PH 315-53-527E.