Hi, I have a strange problem with my Aspire 5 (A515-56G-55AS). When I plugged in the AC charger,

Naveen2001
Naveen2001 Member Posts: 1 New User
Touch Pad not working properly while charging

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Does the touchpad work OK if you toggle it off and on again with FN+F7? If not, then open DeviceManager. If no red or yellow warnings, click on the HID folder. Scroll down right click and uninstall the touchpad driver. Exit Device Manager without reinstallation anything. Then open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click on 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable'. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup if not already unchecked. Shut down Windows normally. Then turn it back on and test again plugged in.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Does the touchpad work OK if you toggle it off and on again with FN+F7? If not, then open DeviceManager. If no red or yellow warnings, click on the HID folder. Scroll down right click and uninstall the touchpad driver. Exit Device Manager without reinstallation anything. Then open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click on 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable'. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup if not already unchecked. Shut down Windows normally. Then turn it back on and test again plugged in.

Jack E/NJ