My correct amount of RAM is not showing Aspire V5 471p

amcareem
amcareem Member Posts: 32

Tinkerer

edited May 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Eventhough I have entered 8GB ram (2 four GB sticks) my laptop sometimes detects as 4gb and sometimes as 8gb.
I reinstalled the windows 8.1 recently.
I even removed and inserted them. I even cleaned the ram ports. Even checked running my laptop only with 4Gb and checked individually which it worked fine. I updated to the latest bios given for my model (2.8v) but nothing helped.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of the laptop, like Axxx-xx, also post the part numbers or the pictures of the memory modules you have installed.
  • amcareem

Tinkerer

Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of the laptop, like Axxx-xx, also post the part numbers or the pictures of the memory modules you have installed.
    Yes my laptop is Acer Aspire V5 471p
    I have installed 2 four GB ddr3 sdram sticks. 
    It worked fine before.
    But after I reinstall windows this problem occurred. 
  • brummyfan2
    Go to BIOS and move to Main tab, while you are in main tab press F9 button, then press F10 button, reboot and see whether it resolves the problem.
  • amcareem

Tinkerer

Unfortunately no
    You can see now how sometimes my ram change
    Rarely it shows 8gbbrummyfan2 said:
    Go to BIOS and move to Main tab, while you are in main tab press F9 button, then press F10 button, reboot and see whether it resolves the problem.

• brummyfan2
    Hi,
    Right click Windows(bottom left corner) and select Run, type msconfig and click OK, move to Boot tab and click Advanced options and check whether the box for Maximum memory checked, if not check the box and see whether it changes the reported memory.

• amcareem

Tinkerer

Hi,
    Right click Windows(bottom left corner) and select Run, type msconfig and click OK, move to Boot tab and click Advanced options and check whether the box for Maximum memory checked, if not check the box and see whether it changes the reported memory.

Yes mine was unchecked before  even if i check it shows maximum 4gb.i cannot enter a greater value than that 😕
  • brummyfan2
    Sorry, I have run out of ideas but please wait for someone else to chime in.
  • amcareem

Tinkerer

Sorry, I have run out of ideas but please wait for someone else to chime in.
    I think it happened after I installed windows and after I updated my BIOS to the latest version which acer provided for my model.