Acer predator helio 300 - PH315-53 touchpad stopped working

Options
adityanshu22
adityanshu22 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited May 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hi Guys,
I recently bought this laptop 3 months ago, and everything was working fine. Suddenly my touchpad stopped working.
I tried all the steps mentioned in previous threads( fn+f7 , windows+f7) also in the bios settings option to change the touchpad settings does not show in the new firmware versions.

I am getting an exclamation mark on the I2C hid device in the device manager under human interface devices.

Please help.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,132 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    You could try reinstalling the Serial IO driver, go to Acer Support site and download Serial UO driver version 30.100.2020.7, then extract it to your Desktop, then go to Device Manager and expand System Devices, right click Intel Serial IO I2C Host controller and select Update driver, click "Browse my computer" and direct it to your Desktop, do this for both as shown in my snip.
    Product Support | Acer United Kingdom

• adityanshu22
    Options
    Hi,
    You could try reinstalling the Serial IO driver, go to Acer Support site and download Serial UO driver version 30.100.2020.7, then extract it to your Desktop, then go to Device Manager and expand System Devices, right click Intel Serial IO I2C Host controller and select Update driver, click "Browse my computer" and direct it to your Desktop, do this for both as shown in my snip.
    Product Support | Acer United Kingdom

Which one to choose from these 3 
    Hi,
    Product Support | Acer United Ki
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Try updating the last one 30.100.2020.7
  • adityanshu22
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Try updating the last one 30.100.2020.7
    Brother I did with the last one, Still not working. The problem came since yesterday before that everything was working fine

• brummyfan2
    Options
    If reinstalling the driver doesn't resolve the issue it could be a faulty hardware or the loose connection of cable, you can wait for someone else to chime in with different solution or you have to contact Acer support centre in your country to get it fixed under warranty.
    Acer Worldwide - Select your local country or region
  • adityanshu22
    edited May 2021
    Options
    If reinstalling the driver doesn't resolve the issue it could be a faulty hardware or the loose connection of cable, you can wait for someone else to chime in with different solution or you have to contact Acer support centre in your country to get it fixed under warranty.
    Acer Worldwide - Select your local country or region
    Even I think the same, might be some hardware defect. Because I tried almost everything. Even restored Windows.