All inputs are disabled on my Aspire TC-875

Options
obama_waffles
obama_waffles Member Posts: 1 New User
I was working on a spreadsheet when I heard 2 usb notification sounds in rapid succession and my keyboard stopped working and my mouse wouldn’t show up on my screen. I tried unplugging and plugging them back in but nothing happened. I turned the computer off and back on again and bios said that I had a keyboard error. I still had no luck with the inputs. I also tried using the mouse and keyboard on a different computer and they work perfectly fine. Im not sure whats wrong with it. 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,453 Trailblazer
    Options
    I was working on a spreadsheet when I heard 2 usb notification sounds in rapid succession and my keyboard stopped working and my mouse wouldn’t show up on my screen. I tried unplugging and plugging them back in but nothing happened. I turned the computer off and back on again and bios said that I had a keyboard error. I still had no luck with the inputs. I also tried using the mouse and keyboard on a different computer and they work perfectly fine. Im not sure whats wrong with it. 

USB problems are common with all electronic components that use them and allot of the times its not a software problem but a hardware problems. Have a look at the USB plugs at your motherboard that your keyboard and mouse plugs into first, look at the prongs inside if they are not damaged or bent? As it seems that your UBS's have faulted and/or their motherboard circuitry has got some problems and needs diagnoses by an experienced technician. USB's due to their frequent usages (plugging in and out processes etc) are prone to wear and or internal plug prongs bending and also motherboard circuitry problems. Don't touch it, your best solution is to visually trace the USB circuitry on the motherboard and look if there are any signs of components burnt, damaged etc that could be causing this problem. 

Have a look at this section of the motherboard where the USB's are and if there is no motherboard damage? 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,387 Trailblazer
    Options
    What did you have connected to the USB other than the keyboard and mouse? Have you had any recent thunderstorms?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.