Acer aspire tc-885 ATX case that the acer aspire Motherboard

Bubzy1st
Bubzy1st Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

So Can anyone tell me an ATX case that the acer aspire Motherboard can fit in because I need better cooling for the cpu when I Play games

Best Answer

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @Bubzy1st
    I have a TC-885 too. It is not designed to be a gaming machine, so there is only space for one case fan. First try a good, powerful  92 mm PC case fan, that should help some. Another way is use a powerful CPU cooler fan. The TDP for TC-885 PCs should be 65 W. Try CPU fan for TDP of 125 W will help too. I'll forget about changing for a larger ATX case until the problem of routing the TC-885 front panel ports to the new ATX case can be resolved. I would rather keep the front panel ports working well.

For my new i5-11500 CPU PC (designed TDP 65 W), knowing that it runs hot, I am using a 200 W TDP CPU fan for it.

Also, for better ventilation you can keep the left side panel always wide open, but you may end up vacuum dust inside more frequently.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    Your Aspire TC-885 has a DTX form factor motherboard, with an addition out the front that holds the front ports. Almost all typical cases  will fit that just fine, except you won't have access to the front ports that your existing case has. You can put better cooling in to the stock case as another option...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @Bubzy1st
    I have a TC-885 too. It is not designed to be a gaming machine, so there is only space for one case fan. First try a good, powerful  92 mm PC case fan, that should help some. Another way is use a powerful CPU cooler fan. The TDP for TC-885 PCs should be 65 W. Try CPU fan for TDP of 125 W will help too. I'll forget about changing for a larger ATX case until the problem of routing the TC-885 front panel ports to the new ATX case can be resolved. I would rather keep the front panel ports working well.

For my new i5-11500 CPU PC (designed TDP 65 W), knowing that it runs hot, I am using a 200 W TDP CPU fan for it.

Also, for better ventilation you can keep the left side panel always wide open, but you may end up vacuum dust inside more frequently.